SDR# RTL Suddenly Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I recently bought a new comp running Windows 10, upgrading from a former Dell machine running Windows 7. When I first changed everything over to the new machine, my RTL and SDR# installed and ran smoothly, no problem whatsoever. After a couple of weeks of programming scanners and playing whack-a-mole with USB ports and 4 scanner programs, I got everything to work - recognized by Win10, installed, auto-assigned ports and working fine. I can run ProScan, Win500, and the demo Whistler TRX-1 scanner controller all at the same time and I can program with ARC500 no problem. The ARC500 virtual control does not work so I switch to Win500 to run virtual mode.. All scanners running in their respective windows. Now when I fire up SDR# it does not respond. Doesn't show up in the device list. I click the play button and a tiny window pops up and says 'device not selected'...no drop down box to find the device, no list, nothing. In my device list that shows printers, etc, it is listed on the bottom row. Up in my tray where I would safely eject the device - nothing. I have tried this while running the scanner programs, and tried it with DSR# being the only device plugged in to any USB ports. Switch ports and USB hubs to determine all were working (and recognizing other devices). All drivers updated. I seem to remember running into a similar problem a year or so ago and someone gave me a funny little fix, but I could be wrong.

When I went into it and ran Troubleshooting - it came up with 'device may be too old to run on USB 3.0 hub'...when it ran fine at first install? Why would the USB port come up with this after it has run correctly on it before?

Any ideas?

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Did you try re-installing the driver with zadig? Happens from time to time after you apply W10 updates.....

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
And, that's exactly what happened - I remember booting up last week and updates applied for like 20 minutes and then it rebooted itself, and that's probably when it happened. I sure will remember that next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.