SDR # v 1.0.0.1426 Device not selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMINRC

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I have a problem getting the new SDR sharp with airspy to find my dongle. Every time I select RTL-SDR (usb) from the drop down box it says, " no device selected". It worked just fine with a older version of SDR sharp, but now it gives me the error every time I try to calibrate my dongle. If anyone has a solution it would be well appreciated.

Last edited:

Voyager

Maybe Windows did you a 'favor' and updated the driver to something it liked better. Try running ZADIG again.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Have you checked the RTL DEVICE box under the receiver tab? It should give you a choice when you click on the column

pauldgardner

Radio Sharp

I am having the same problem with a Windows 10 64bit system.

My drop down menu shows that I can select SDL-RTL USB OK but when I go to the Configure dropdown there is no device to select.

I have run zadig.exe and the driver is correct for my USB receiver which runs fine under SDR Console.

I have also run the install-rtlsdr.bat file successfully.

There was no zadig.exe file in the winzip file for RadioSharp so I used another copy from RTL1090.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

PS I have been back to the site to download the RadioSharp software again, but can't get it to download.

bcradio

Database Admin
Had this problem the other day after Windows updated itself. I ran ZADIG again and it'll was fine!

pauldgardner

Thanks for that. Since posting I tried another install and this time the .bat file worked properly and lo and behold SDR Sharp started working!!

It seems to be an excellent piece of software but I have to confess I don't have a clue what most of the settings do. I will keep experimenting.
ATB

Paul

Voyager

I would not be surprised if Windows updates the driver again and it stopped working.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same issue. If I run SDR# version 1425 and select "RTL-SDR" from the drop down menu, it says, "No Device Selected". If I use SDR# version 1415, it works as it should with no issues, same dongle, same port. I re-ran Zadig setup in the folder where SDR# 1425 is located; it didn't help.

Voyager

What does version 1430 say? Also, RTL-SDR what? /USB or /TCP? You want the former.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
What does version 1430 say? Also, RTL-SDR what? /USB or /TCP? You want the former.

I don't have version 1430; 1425 is the highest version I currently have. 1415 works fine. And yes, I should have specified that it's RTL-SDR USB.

pauldgardner

Hi Ken,
I resolved my problem in the end. I downloaded the software again to a different folder and ran the setup file again and this time it unpacked some files missing from the original installation.
All worked well after that.
Hope ths helps
Paul

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded version 1430 into a new folder along with the latest version of Zadig. Ran Zadig in Administrator mode; it successfully updated the drivers, but I still get "No Device Selected" when I choose RTL-SDR USB from the drop down list. :evil:

I am experiencing the "Device Not Selected" error as well. I suspect the lack of windows updates may be the issue, specifically related to the .net portion. Currently installing them, I will update once I am able to follow the quick start guide instructions and re-install.

I should note that this issue arises only on my desktop running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, AMD dual-core 2.30 GHz. My laptop with an inferior processor and Win 7 32bit is able to run SDR# without issue (just very, very slowly). The updated RTL-SDR Blog dongle is what I am utilizing for a sdr at the moment.

I have followed the instructions on the quick start guide successfully before so I know what is involved there. I had to download Zadig separately on the laptop and it was labeled as "Zadig 2.2". However, when running install-rtlsdr, it was able to install a version labeled simply as "Zadig". That being said, I may just skip straight to running the "2.2" version because it had worked on the laptop.

Installed all available Windows Updates and it actually made things worse. Zadig now fails to replace the drivers and crashes whenever doing so.

HelixArray

I would look into the debug log in zadig. Maybe you could crosscheck it with some of the other posted logs at the github site? Since it's failing, one would think it would log some errors that others are getting as well.

Hope it helps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.