sdr# with dsd+ audio problems windows10

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanogs68

i have down loade sdr# an unzipped to desktop folder ran the batch file as admin ,ran zadig as admin chose from all devices the rt dongle ,ran install drivers ,and it works ,then i downloaded dsd+ 1.5 and unzipped to same folder ,then downloaded vb cable went to control panel set vb cable as recording device ,then set vb cable as playback device ,ran sdr (still working ,no sound ) ran dsd ,started decoding ,no sound , but then as well as the sound the mouse keeps freezing ,tried every sound set up i can ,lost ,in sdr chose output mme windows vb cable ,just confused help any one ,please

slicerwizard

DSD+ defaults to using the default output device, but you set that to VB-Cable instead of your speakers...

And you're using the ancient DSD+ 1.5 instead of 1.101 (get it at dsdplus.com)

If you want to simplify, uninstall VB-Cable, download DSD+ 1.101 and use FMP plus DSD+. No VB-Cable required (unless you're determined to use SDR#)

stanogs68

ive dwnloaded dsd+1.101 i dont know were to download fmp ans what is the other sdr to use and were do i download that i ownloaded mie from airspy is that correct ?? thanks for the reply

stanogs68

do you get the sdr download from the site airspy thats were i downloaded from .I have downloaded dsd 1.101 so i must have fmp ,should i just unistall vb cable and run sdr and dsd with windows settings,should i use speakers as output and sterio mix as imput ??

slicerwizard

You use FMP to control the rtl dongle and you route FMP's output directly to DSD+.

FMP -i1 -o1 should get you SDR audio to your speakers (your speakers should be the default audio output device); this can be used for listening to analog signals

FMP -i1 -o20001 routes the SDR audio to a TCP port where DSD+ can pick it up; this should be used for digital signals that DSD+ understands (NXDN, DMR, P25, ProVoice)

DSDPlus -i20001 -o1 gets the SDR audio from the TCP port and sends digital voice to the default audio output device (which should be your speakers)

stanogs68

thats soumds like it set up right when you press f5 the top left box is vb cable the bottom left is speakers theres sound and i think its decoding ok but your settings seem more concentrated ,how do you get to these dettings ??? thanks

slicerwizard

You right click on your desktop to create a shortcut (right click / New / Shortcut)

A dialog comes up and asks you for the location of the item; enter C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

Then click on whatever finishes off the shortcut creation process.

After the shortcut is created, right click on it and select Properties.

There should be an entry that specifies what folder the shortcut runs in; it may be titled "Start in:"; change that field to point to your DSDPlus folder. Then click OK.

When you double click on the shortcut, a console window opens and you can type the FMP or DSD+ commands there. To run FMP and DSD+, use the shortcut twice to open two windows, one for FMP and one for DSD+.

stanogs68

thats sounds what i was trying to do but can you go a bit slower ,im not good on computers ,thanks for your help !!!!

stanogs68

what do you mean whatever ends the creation process im not the best with computers ,im trying to take it in !

stanogs68

i tried that and nothing seemed to happen ??? can you explain a bit more please ,im really grateful for the help

stanogs68

if i try and run fmp instead of vb cable it gves err message rtlsdr.dll is active but the wrong type for this machine any reason why anybody ???

Archimedies

Premium Subscriber
Filter Audio

I spent days trying to get this to work until I happened to uncheck the filter audio tick box while the channel was active. DSD will not work and the setting it ticked by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.