SDR# with trunking has been updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrelH

What are the settings needed for the Squelch method to work? I'm not picky about which method works - I'd just like one of them to succeed :)

My 'noise' level is around -55dB, and talk level around -15. Squelch in the Radio tab is set to 80, which keeps some of the pops & other noise from my park freq from being annoying.

When I enable Delay Re-Tune with method=Squelch, I can see Unitrunker lighting up freqs that SDR# should be tuning to, but SDR no longer reacts. If I un-check Delay Re-Tune, SDR goes back to normal.

If I check properties on SDRSharp.Trunker.dll, Version= 1.2013.430.1

zefie

Premium Subscriber
What are the settings needed for the Squelch method to work? I'm not picky about which method works - I'd just like one of them to succeed :)

My 'noise' level is around -55dB, and talk level around -15. Squelch in the Radio tab is set to 80, which keeps some of the pops & other noise from my park freq from being annoying.

When I enable Delay Re-Tune with method=Squelch, I can see Unitrunker lighting up freqs that SDR# should be tuning to, but SDR no longer reacts. If I un-check Delay Re-Tune, SDR goes back to normal.

If I check properties on SDRSharp.Trunker.dll, Version= 1.2013.430.1

Your noise levels sound about the same as my testing environment, I used -39 for the signal delay.

Has the plugin tuned for you at all? The retune methods should not block call tuning, as they are only processed when it is not parked.

DarrelH

Yep, it tunes great otherwise. I have a park frequency set in Unitrunker, and in SDR in the Trunker tab it'll show "===Parked===" when expected, and the source/target otherwise. But activating the Delay w/Squelch function just makes SDR# stay on ===Parked=== all the time.

I'm also using the Frequency Manager + Scanner plugin if that matters. Actually, it's installed on this instance of SDR#, but not active; I use it on my other SDR# for the control channel scanning, since they flip-flop to other CCs here at random. Works well.

DarrelH

Yep, it tunes great otherwise. I have a park frequency set in Unitrunker, and in SDR in the Trunker tab it'll show "===Parked===" when expected, and the source/target otherwise. But activating the Delay w/Squelch function just makes SDR# stay on ===Parked=== all the time.

I'm also using the Frequency Manager + Scanner plugin if that matters. Actually, it's installed on this instance of SDR#, but not active; I use it on my other SDR# for the control channel scanning, since they flip-flop to other CCs here at random. Works well.

zefie, if you're in the mood, I'd do a join.me or something with you so you could poke around my setup. Might help many folks if you ran across the cause; I know it's tough to troubleshoot 'flying blind'.

thursdasy

Anyone having issues adjust frequency correction ppm? I cannot adjust the frequency correction. Anyone have a workaround or am I doing it wrong? Other than my nooelc being off frequency everything is working great.

I tried setting the maximum minus and positive ppm and still no changes.

Last edited:

Tweekerbob

Anyone having issues adjust frequency correction ppm? I cannot adjust the frequency correction. Anyone have a workaround or am I doing it wrong? Other than my nooelc being off frequency everything is working great.

I tried setting the maximum minus and positive ppm and still no changes.

See Post #4 workaround

Dog

I had the same problem. I moved all the files and folders in the RelWithDebInfo download in to my SDR# folder and I was then able to calibrate it. I don't know which file or if it was multiple files that made it work but i copied them all.

k6ozy

Feed Provider
I am also having problems with the "Delay Re-tune" in the current version. If it's unchecked, the plugin properly switches to a call channel but returns after a few seconds, as expected. If checked, it just sits on the CC because it never turns off. I have tried both squelch and signal level settings, but the issue is that it locks onto the CC thinking its a call channel. My FFT is set below 32k as well, at 8K.

Danoman

Thanks for the plugin zefie!
Had a little trouble at first because I lack the ability to "read and follow instructions" sometimes.
I pasted the plugin line in the wrong place in the sdr config file at first.
Once I fixed that mistake all is working perfectly.

pickles78249

Work-around for the Delay Re-Tune issues

Like many other posters I was having the issue where Trunker plugin would sit on the control channel and not move despite Unitrunker showing it should be changing frequencies.

This is what worked for me.
Every time I opened trunker.xml it showed the control freq was set to 0 and it never changed.
Open the trunker.xml in wordpad.
Look for <controlFreq>0</controlFreq>.
There I manually changed the control frequency between the ><. Enter it as 9 numbers ie 815.427 =815427000
Save it but dont close wordpad
Open SDR#
Go back to word pad, click save again
Now set Trunker (plugin) to Enabled
I then was able to get it to correctly Delay Re-tune etc using Signal as Delay detection method.

This was using only one USB dongle.

My guess is that the trunker is not receiving the correct control channel variable so it doesn't realize it is sitting on the control channel freq until you manually tell it what frequency the control channel is.

garys

Premium Subscriber
After several months, I just got me SDR working. I won't bore you with the details, but the problem was a driver conflict with hardware I haven't used in a while, but which XP saw as still installed. I finally ended up restoring the factory image and installing SDR#, Zadig, and everything else needed to get it to run.

In the process I ended up with two dongles, which will probably work to my benefit.

Neat as the SDR is, I want to do more. At some point, I'm going to need DSD, but I really want to work on the UniTrunker with SDR# first. I've downloaded, but not installed UniTrunker and the Zefie's SDR# plug in. At some point I'll add DSD to the mix, but not yet.

I'll probably have a million questions, but will start with just a few.

First, I'm running SDR# of an Aspire One notebook, the early 10.1" version. It has a 1.6Ghz processor and 1 GB of RAM. When I run SDR#, it pretty much uses all of the CPU capacity. Is this normal or are there tweaks to help that?

Is this enough computer to do what I want to do?

Anything special I should know about the instal of the either the plug in or Unitrunker, or it is pretty straight forward?

That's enough questions for now. Thanks.

sphipps

First, I'm running SDR# of an Aspire One notebook, the early 10.1" version. It has a 1.6Ghz processor and 1 GB of RAM. When I run SDR#, it pretty much uses all of the CPU capacity. Is this normal or are there tweaks to help that?

Is this enough computer to do what I want to do?

You need a faster computer. You're especially going to notice poor DSD performance with that setup. DSD is very CPU "aggressive".

I'd suggest getting at least an Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz or better. They are plentiful and cheap in the used market. I see well configured Intel Core Duo laptops selling for around $100 in pawn shops all the time.

My 5 year old Dell Studio laptop with a Core Duo 2.1 GHz does an awesome job running the full setup (SDR#, Unitrunker, DSD) and only tops out about 65% CPU utilization.

garys

Premium Subscriber
That's what I was afraid of. I have an ASUS Vivobook as well, but that only has a 1.8 Ghz processor. I'll check a local pawn shop, but I'm not interested in putting a ton of money into this projec.

You need a faster computer. You're especially going to notice poor DSD performance with that setup. DSD is very CPU "aggressive".

I'd suggest getting at least an Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz or better. They are plentiful and cheap in the used market. I see well configured Intel Core Duo laptops selling for around $100 in pawn shops all the time.

My 5 year old Dell Studio laptop with a Core Duo 2.1 GHz does an awesome job running the full setup (SDR#, Unitrunker, DSD) and only tops out about 65% CPU utilization.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
That's what I was afraid of. I have an ASUS Vivobook as well, but that only has a 1.8 Ghz processor. I'll check a local pawn shop, but I'm not interested in putting a ton of money into this projec.

It's also not so much about utilization per se because all that processing work has to happen in real time. There's no time left over to catch up with.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm a little slow in getting back to this as it's been a busy month. Anyway, I'm looking at a "open box" Dell D630 with a Core Duo 2.0 Ghz processor. It has Windows 7 and 2.0 GB of memory. At under $200.00, it seems like a good deal for the project. Is this enough processor and does it have enough memory?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Sigh... every time I try something new and shiny in the world of SDR it ends up not working. I don't know if I'm just unlucky around these things or what.

Long story short - I had written my own plugin to do trunking in SDR# and THOUGHT I had backed it up. A recent computer crash revealed that I had lost it forever. Rather than once again reinvent the same wheel, I thought I'd give this one a go, but for whatever reason it won't trunktrack! I have Unitrunker running, SDR# is feeding the control channel to VAC Line 1, the Debug receiver shows it changing channels, Unitrunker shows talkgroups and frequencies lighting up, but no changes happen over on the SDR# side and sdsharptrunking.log is not being written anywhere (I suspect that's the problem right there). Any one else experience this, and if so how did you fix it?

If I can't get this running I can always tinker with the included source, but if the Remote DLL itself is the problem no amount of tinkering is going to get this working. Also, I attempted to install the C++ runtime thinking that might be the problem, only to have the installer say a newer version of the runtime is already loaded. So I'm a bit befuddled. Any help or insight would be awesome. Thanks!

-AZ

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
OK an update to this one, and boy is this weird.

I decided to go download the special version of SDR# that worked with Unitrunker before this plugin was created. I downloaded it, set it up and ran it, but didn't like the old interface. But I noticed that THAT version of the remote.dll file was creating the SDRSharpTrunking.log file. Interesting, no? So I ran the new version of SDR# with this plugin and guess what - it works.

The only hassle is that I have to manually into Unitrunker and tell it what control channel to park on, but other than that, the old DLL works with the new plugin. I figured I'd document this for anyone else who runs into the same trouble.

-AZ

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
I decided to go download the special version of SDR# that worked with Unitrunker before this plugin was created. I downloaded it, set it up and ran it, but didn't like the old interface. But I noticed that THAT version of the remote.dll file was creating the SDRSharpTrunking.log file. Interesting, no? So I ran the new version of SDR# with this plugin and guess what - it works.

Wow, yeah that got it working for me too. Thanks!

jcims

Hey Zefie,

Thanks a ton for picking this up and making it much better. I added a link to the site and this thread at the top of the instruction doc for the old setup. Let me know if you need anything changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.