• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

SDRPlay Newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the box yesterday from HRO and starting to play with it. So far I like HDSDR and not getting good results with SDRUNO. Are there any other programs (windows based) better than these two?

Where can I find an "owners/operation manual" if there is such a thing?

My plan is to add this radio from my location into the websdr.org site, which is how I found out about SDRs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

mbott

Premium Subscriber
HDSDR is a great program to use if one is just getting started with an SDR ... in my experience anyway. I would recommend mastering HDSDR first before moving on to something else.

There are several guides on the SDRplay website that should assist with setting up the various software packages. My preferences have been SDR-Console V2.3, SDR-Console V3 preview, SDRuno and HDSDR. With SDRuno, there are a lot of things that can be tweaked, but it is still the first release of the software modified for the SDRplay. It has some maturing to do before it becomes my go-to package. I'm also following CubicSDR as it is developed.

What's great is that they are all free ... or supported by donations which I do when I can.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.