SDRSharp, AIRSPY R2, and PDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Well I usually don't post for help but I have been through the ringer with this and have been over and over the settings and just can't seem to get something right. I am using PDW to, or trying to rather :) decode some pagers in 900 MHz band using SDRSharp Virtual Audio Cable and PDW. I have the bandwidth set correctly for the frequency which is 12.5 or 25 MHz depending on the channel and the filter order set to 10 as it instructed in the PDW PDF instructions. I should probably also mention I have audio control enabled in VAC and VAC is set to MIC I have tried Line and S/DIF with similar results as to what I am seeing now. No matter what I try the decode rate will not go past 30/35 percent. I am fairly positive it is either a IF setting I have over looked in SDRSharp or there is trouble with my VAC connection either way I am running out of ideas and am hopong there is some one on this board that can help me get this set up correctly. I am running SDRSharp v1.0.0.1664, PDW v3.12, and VAC v4.51 . If anybody has any experience with these programs your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks to all for your time,
Robert Klamp

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Voyager

Setting aside that decoding pagers in the USA is (cough)...

For decoding digital data such as packet radio... ;->

Try VB Cable (it's free). I never was able to get VAC to work right.

Set the output of SDR# to the virtual cable input. I would use a plugin such as DSD Plugin so you have independent audio control. Set the input of your decoder to be the output of the virtual cable.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Yes you have to uncheck filter audio. It seems my setting were good it was VAC that was causing most of my problems. I downloaded VB Cable and used the DSD Plugin as Voyager suggested to get a finer tune on the output audio and my decode rates shot up to 79/85%. I will spend some time on it today and get the audio levels just right but the problem definetly lies with VAC. I have been using VAC which I paid for for about 3 years now, it always worked well with DSD but VB Cable blows it out of the water. I want to thank all of you for your time and help it was very kind. Also a big thank you to Voyager who put me on the right path with the DSD Plugin advice and VB Cable its humming along quite nicely now thanks to you. It seems like I am in good shape now, so thank you to everyone again. Couldn't ask for better help you all had great advice. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Voyager

You're quite welcome. I've been down that path before. And yes uncheck Filter Audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.