SDRSharp setup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wavemaster

Have SDRSharp# v1.0.0.1632 loaded, under the Radio menu and to the right of Bandwidth there is a Order adjustment. My question is: what function does this perform?

Flatliner

It will affect the selectivity. I keep it at the maximum (9999) I cannot see any reason for the selectivity to be worse.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It will affect the selectivity. I keep it at the maximum (9999) I cannot see any reason for the selectivity to be worse.
Mine have always been set to 10 and SDR# has always worked fine with all versions I ran since 1300. What selectivity does this affect?

Flatliner

The filter skirts. The roll off will be steeper with a higher order. Let me see if I can demo this...

Flatliner

Odd. I've tried to upload but got a "Token missing" error.

I've uploaded a video of what to expect.

Watch while I change the order. As you will see, the quality of the filter becomes better and you are able to separate the signal within the bandwidth filter from those outside of it. It goes from something like a positive sine wave to a square wave in response.

Download this ---> https://ufile.io/cr4tp

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I suppose that really depends upon what you are monitoring. So far, I only monitor digital (P25 / DMR / NXDN).

I ran WFM, 9500 / 8000 or 4000 bandwidth depending upon signal. "Filter Audio" is always unchecked and must be unchecked to monitor digital.

I can't use a Order value of 10 on WFM because nothing will decode, although it will decode with Order 10 on NFM. Order value of 9999 on digital signals, whether I use NFM or WFM, is not as good as Order 250. I use and have always used Order 250.

Obviously, changing Order makes a difference -- and a pleasant one if you are monitoring CW as Flatliner showed in his video. But be cautious that whatever value you set doesn't run your digital decodes. If you want to play around, remember the value that has always worked good for decoding digital signals so that you can always revert back to it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.