SDRTRUNK page tone

davejl2001

Premium Subscriber
I recently discovered that my setup is not receiving the initial page out tone on a fire dispatch talk group. I still hear the normal talk around and have confirmed that the page is going out on the TG. I’m using 0.6.0 final. Any suggestions to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

wgbecks

I recently discovered that my setup is not receiving the initial page out tone on a fire dispatch talk group. I still hear the normal talk around and have confirmed that the page is going out on the TG. I’m using 0.6.0 final. Any suggestions to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think you're missing anything. Paging over P25 TRS doesn’t necessarily employ tones. The pager, IE: Unication alerts
on the presence of the designated paging talkgroup going active while other options do include tones over P25.

Additional reference can be found here.

davejl2001

Premium Subscriber
I have also noticed on a pager only talk group that I’m missing pages. Also some come through a little broken up. It almost sounds like the tone is too high for the software to process. I have already tried lowering my internal volume on my sound card. I have no problems with normal voice chatter. Only on tone pages.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I recently discovered that my setup is not receiving the initial page out tone on a fire dispatch talk group.

I have also noticed on a pager only talk group that I’m missing pages.

What is this on? A trunked system or a conventional freq? Based on your past posts mainly in NJ forums, I tried looking up the freq you posted in your pic on SDRTrunk group and do not see it come back to a system or a fd conventional.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
So no :coffee: = :oops: , it was not your pic.

How is the system setup in SDRT? As phase 1 or Phase 2?

DaveNF2G

Premium Subscriber
Paging tones over the major trunked system near me are overdriven and might be too distorted to decode. Do the tones sound normal on yours?

davejl2001

Premium Subscriber
That’s exactly what I was thinking. I’m just trying to figure out what has changed on my end if anything. I had no problem in the passing receiving the tones. Any way to turn down juice in SDRT so it can decode the tones better? I have my gain set at 296 if that ever affects this issue.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Try setting the system up in SDRT as a Phase 1 and see if it improves. My county P2 system is set up as phase1 and when they were testing fd tones it sounded good a did not miss calls.

davejl2001

Premium Subscriber
I actually already had it set for P1. Can doing a reset of the JMBE library possibly if something like this?