SDRTrunk v0.4.0 Listening to Aliases Only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WD0AKZ

How do I set up SDRTrunk to monitor (listen) to -only- my Aliases?

I installed v0.4.0 Alpha8 on my windows machine and under the Tuners tab I configured my R820T tuner for the ControL Channel I want. Went to Channels/Source and entered the Control Channel, hit Start and it runs great switching to and decoding all the P25 Phase 1 Talk Groups on the Simulcase (LSM) system. This is great except I only want to listen to 6 or 7 specific Talk Groups. So I have them entered in the Aliases section with all the required information, assigned them all a Green color, set the Audio Priority to 1, and have the Alias List assigned to the Channel. When SDRTrunk decodes one of my Aliases I see it listed in green in the NOW Playing Alias column so I think I have the Aliases set up correct.

Problem is I'm still hearing all Talk Groups traffic, everything is still being decoded and passed to the speakers. I did read the 0.3.0 manual and saw the suggestion to create a wildcard Alias "Blacklist" Talk Group named "All Other Talkgroups" with the Audio Priority set to Do Not Monitor and set it's Talkgroup Identifier to **** but now that the ID is nolonger in hex the **** is not valid.

So what did I miss, how do I get the decoded audio to only be from my Alias List?

Thanks for any suggestions on what I have set wrong.

George

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Create a blacklist alias and assign a talk group range with values 1 to 16,777,215 and also assign an audio priority of do not monitor.

That will match all of the talk groups and radio ids that you havent explicitly listed and cause them to not be monitored.

WD0AKZ

Create a blacklist alias and assign a talk group range with values 1 to 16,777,215 and also assign an audio priority of do not monitor.
That will match all of the talk groups and radio ids that you havent explicitly listed and cause them to not be monitored.

I tried what you suggested. 1-16777215 it won't accept because of the "-". I tried 1 16777215 and it replies "Invalid value[1 167772], APCO25 valid range is [1 to 16,777,215] as you suggested.

How do I "assign a talk group range with values 1 to 16,777,215"?

Thanks for you help, sorry for not understanding.

George

DRL-XM43

I tried what you suggested. 1-16777215 it won't accept because of the "-". I tried 1 16777215 and it replies "Invalid value[1 167772], APCO25 valid range is [1 to 16,777,215] as you suggested.

How do I "assign a talk group range with values 1 to 16,777,215"?

Thanks for you help, sorry for not understanding.

George

There is a input field for the low one and a input field for the high one, you don't put it all in one field.

WD0AKZ

There is a input field for the low one and a input field for the high one, you don't put it all in one field.

Yup!! I really missed that one. I was so fixed on "Talkgroup" that I blew right past the "Talkgroup Range" option.
I entered in the 1 and 16777215 ranges and it totally locked all talkgroups, "From" and "To". As with my other store bought scanners I am only using the Car Talkgroups so I modified the High Range to be the decimal version of ffff digit hex value which is 65535 to allow all "Froms" and Alias filter the "To". Now it appears to be working the way I wanted, allowing only the Alias List.

I have 7 Aliases in my list and so far I have seen 3 of them active. Of those 3, two are decoding and playing the audio, one is displayed in the Now Playing screen To Alias but there is no audio (decoding?) playing and it doesn't display the Icon/Name to the right of the Speaker icon as do the other two. It is set up the same as the other two that are working fine and it's Audio Priority is also set to 1. It's Talkgroup number is 03620, sometimes it displays P:03620[] in the To column. I'm not sure whats going on here. It sees it as one of my Aliases but no audio.

I have had 2 store bought trunking P2 scanners and have played with the SDR SDS & DSD+ and I must say that this SDRTrunk has got the decoding nailed down tight, it's great!

Thanks for the call out on the two range fields, I just was not paying attention.

George

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
P:03620[] is a Motorola patch group. As talkgroups get added to the patch group, they'll show up within the braces [] at the end of the displayed patch group.

WD0AKZ

P:03620[] is a Motorola patch group. As talkgroups get added to the patch group, they'll show up within the braces [] at the end of the displayed patch group.

Copy That... thanks.

I got it all up and running, very well done.

George

jimjrfl

Premium Subscriber
Great info for Aliases. My problem is nothing saves!!! I can setup the channel, Control channel, etc etc, all works. Everything seems great. I can even set up Aliases. Buuuuuut....... as soon as I close SDRtrunk all info is gone!!! Every time I open SDRtrunk its like I opened it for the first time! I have to re-set all configurations! Its kind of a real pain. Can anyone help!! pleeEEEEEAse!!
Thanks, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.