SDRTrunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Are you scanning while you run it? Your scanner should be parked on one frequency in manual or tune mode. Otherwise you could be hearing multiple sites. The fact that error check says "pass" is fishy otherwise.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi Denny,

When loading the windows batch file I get the following:

Code:
********** Configuring USB Tuners **********
Tuner Manager - discovered [0] USB tuner devices

could not load 'loading.png'
Starting the main gui
MixerManager - loading system mixer devices
        [NOT LOADED] Mixer:Primary Sound Driver - audio format not supported
        [NOT LOADED] Mixer:Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device) - audio fo
rmat not supported
        [NOT LOADED] Mixer:Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (2- High Definition Audio Devi
ce) - audio format not supported
        [LOADED]     Mixer:Primary Sound Capture Driver
        [LOADED]     Mixer:Line In (2- High Definition Aud
        [LOADED]     Mixer:Microphone (2- High Definition
        [NOT LOADED] Mixer:Port Speakers (2- High Definition Au - audio format n
ot supported
        [NOT LOADED] Mixer:Port Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (2- High - audio format n
ot supported
        [NOT LOADED] Mixer:Port Microphone (2- High Definition  - audio format n
ot supported
        [NOT LOADED] Mixer:Port Line In (2- High Definition Aud - audio format n
ot supported

I then have the following 'Mixer' options when selecting source 'Mixer/Soundcard':

'Line In (2 - High Definition Aud'
'Microphone (2 - High Definition'
'Primary Sound Capture Driver'

(Note this is a desktop computer with two microphone inputs, front and back.)

When selecting either 'Line In' or 'Microphone', I get the following output in the Cmd window:

ERROR: ComplexMixerSource - mixer target data linenot available to read data from - line with format PCM_SIGNED 48000.0 Hz, 16 bit, mono, 2 bytes/frame, little-endian not supported.

I guess this explains why my decoder just sits there at an 'IDLE' state when trying to decode anything. Any idea what might be up?

UPDATE: I have checked this on both my desktop and laptop and gotten the same ComplexMixerSource error.

Last edited:

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
When you select either of these two mixer inputs, which channel are you selecting, LEFT, RIGHT or MONO?

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
New Release - R820T Tuner supported

I posted a new release of SDRTrunk (20140614_0756) that now includes support for the RTL-2832 / R820T USB tuner.

https://code.google.com/p/sdrtrunk/

This release also includes libusb drivers for Linux PPC ... thanks to Nick Morabito!

Release was tested on Linux Ubuntu 13.10 and Windows 7.

R820T tuner requires Zadig driver on Windows platform.

Denny

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
I posted a new release of SDRTrunk (20140614_0756) that now includes support for the RTL-2832 / R820T USB tuner.

I will have to try that! I was almost thinking of getting a E4000 dongle just because of your program.

But one issue: It doesn't seem possible to zoom the map without a mouse scroll wheel. Not everyone has one of those; I use a laptop touch pad.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
I will have to try that! I was almost thinking of getting a E4000 dongle just because of your program.

But one issue: It doesn't seem possible to zoom the map without a mouse scroll wheel. Not everyone has one of those; I use a laptop touch pad.

I'll add the keys that Google Maps uses (+/-) for zooming.

mm

is there a video of the proper setup steps?

I can get thru most steps and I have no errors, the problem is no audio passing thru. i'm using a E4000 and sitting on a local pd CC. which is passing analog traffic when listening on uniden scanner but no dongle output and no indication that the dongle is doing anything.

at times I hear the CC data in the pc soundcard output but there is nothing indicating voice channel activity is being passed or heard only the CC audio.

The step that is unclear is in the help file particularly the Decoding channels section?

The hangup is what and where is the "DecodingChannels" window?

a screen shot example showing an example of what I should set the "source" to, mixer/sound card or tuner?

if I select mixer/sound card then what is a correct selection for the "Mixer:" field ?

Last edited:

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
is there a video of the proper setup steps?

I can get thru most steps and I have no errors, the problem is no audio passing thru. i'm using a E4000 and sitting on a local pd CC. which is passing analog traffic when listening on uniden scanner but no dongle output and no indication that the dongle is doing anything.

at times I hear the CC data in the pc soundcard output but there is nothing indicating voice channel activity is being passed or heard only the CC audio.

What protocol is the local PD using? Is it conventional FM?

The step that is unclear is in the help file particularly the Decoding channels section? The hangup is what and where is the "DecodingChannels" window?

When you start a channel decoding, a decoder channel window appears in the list in the lower left hand side of the application. You have to click on one of those channels to listen to the audio. When selected, the decoder channel will be highlighted in yellow.

NBFM is the only decoder that passes audio unsquelched when selected. All other decoders ( LTR, MPT-1327, etc ), squelch the audio until a call event is detected. For the other decoders, select the decoder channel (yellow highlight), and then you will hear audio when a call event happens.

a screen shot example showing an example of what I should set the "source" to, mixer/sound card or tuner? If I select mixer/sound card then what is a correct selection for the "Mixer:" field ?

The Mixer/Sound card source allows you to select from one of the audio input devices on your computer, when you're feeding audio from an external scanner via patch to the computer. The drop-down box below 'Mixer/Sound Card' will list each of the audio inputs. Below that you can select the left, right, or mono (both?) channels.

Unfortunately, several users have reported that they can't decode discriminator audio for the LTR, LTR-Net and Passport protocols.

MPT-1327, Fleetsync and MDC1200 should all decode with normal headset (not discriminator tapped) audio from an external scanner.

Denny

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Hey Denny,

Quick question - do the call event logs get populated upon exit?
Thanks,
N

Once the call event list window fills up (500 events), it will start writing aged-off events to the log. On application exit, it writes all of the remaining events from the event list to the log.

D

DaveNF2G

How do I download the zipfile from your Google drive? Neither right- nor left-clicking gives me any download or save options.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
When you have the zipfile up and open on the drive, showing the list of files within, the lower right corner of the page shows a down arrow icon (at least for me; I'm logged into Google - it should give you the same if you don't have an account).

D

DaveNF2G

Thanks, Jay. I didn't realize the connection between the icons on the main window and the subwindow.

BM82557

Just had the chance to install this today and don't have it setup to monitor the system yet but I did notice a error message. I've found that it does not happen every time SDRTrunk is started, just once in a while. When it occurs I exit and restart and it doesn't show up again. Might be something unique to my system (Win 7 64 bit) but I thought I'd give a heads up anyways.

Last edited:

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Just had the chance to install this today and don't have it setup to monitor the system yet but I did notice a error message. I've found that it does not happen every time SDRTrunk is started, just once in a while. When it occurs I exit and restart and it doesn't show up again. Might be something unique to my system (Win 7 64 bit) but I thought I'd give a heads up anyways.

I'll open a bug ticket for it. The calibration is part of the startup for each dongle. I'll see if I can attempt to run calibration a second time if it fails the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.