sds-100 BATTERY condition not displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayradiodogs

Although the "batt" box shows on the EDIT DISPLAY page under SIMPLE and/or DETAIL TRUNK pages, I do not see any indication of the battery status on the scanner's display. When the battery is about to die I see a message that say the battery needs to be charged. I'd like to see an indication of current status, such as current battery level, before the battery is exhausted. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited:

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Bottom right group of the display on mine shows battery voltage. Tried to attach a pic but RR is finicky

alphaacres

Premium Subscriber
It would be nice to have battery level in the top right corner of the display like cell phones all we have is low level. Bars in a battery symbol for level with level colors a green lightning bolt in a battery symbol when charging would be really nice or even percentage numbers in a battery symbol with color at different levels I do like the flashing when the battery gets low.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Yep my SDS100 shows batt level red (voltage level) as fully charged and it blinks on scan and then stabilizes when there is a transmission. Very noticeable in extreme upper right corner of display. Can't miss it. Go into Sentinel and edit your display options. I assume the OP was referring to the SDS100...

JD
kf4anc

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
Yep my SDS100 shows batt level red (voltage level) as fully charged and it blinks on scan and then stabilizes when there is a transmission. Very noticeable in extreme upper right corner of display. Can't miss it. Go into Sentinel and edit your display options. I assume the OP was referring to the SDS100...
Interesting. I can't get my SDS100 to show correctly for this. I switched to white background with either red or black foreground, and I can see that square in the upper right had corner, but I seem to get no indication. Using Detail Trunk and Detail Conventional.

2wayradiodogs

Although the "batt" box shows on the EDIT DISPLAY page under SIMPLE and/or DETAIL TRUNK pages, I do not see any indication of the battery status on the scanner's display. When the battery is about to die I see a message that say the battery needs to be charged. I'd like to see an indication of current status, such as current battery level, before the battery is exhausted. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks for all the replies. Got it to display. Too bad it can't display in the top roght or left on the display.

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
My sds100 battery is near the bottom right where it was from the factory
Is this the numeric voltage reading? I have no problem with that, and in fact, I prefer that. But there is a square in the far upper right that is labeled "BAT" and I can't get it to show any indication. No big deal at all.

2wayradiodogs

Interesting. I can't get my SDS100 to show correctly for this. I switched to white background with either red or black foreground, and I can see that square in the upper right had corner, but I seem to get no indication. Using Detail Trunk and Detail Conventional.
That square "batt", upper right on edit isplay page, does not offer the battery voltage option. Some of the other fields below do. Try a few of the other boxes.

lowes1

At what voltage should the SDS 100 battery considered to be low? I've only had the scanner for six days and I get a warning when some functions will no longer operate. I purchased an additional battery and charger and would like to change batteries when the charge gets too low before I get the warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.