SDS 100 Currently shipping question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfw1193

Since now Uniden is providing purchasers the extended battery, are units being purchased as we speak still coming with the non-extended life battery as well as the extended life battery, or only the extended life battery that causes many battery clips to fail?

Since I have an SDS200 I am now thinking I would be happier with the SDS100 unit with the non-extended battery without hum and backlight issues.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
No. Unless somebody has a stock of the initial radios, and that's highly unlikely, the only thing you can get is the battery pack that is the extended life battery pack. They're not manufacturing the original, short life battery packs and I don't think they're selling the black plastic battery casing for the original batteries either. You have to either have pre-ordered one of the radios and got the original battery or you have to buy one used from somebody.

Why don't you just ship your SDS200 back for warranty repair? If there is a problem with the humming occurring they will definitely hear it.

But if the SDS100 is what you want, you will have to get the extended battery if you're buying it, with a warranty, from a dealer new. And even if you do find one of the original batteries, once it's dead you will need to get the back case that goes over the battery as well as the extended life battery since there are no manufacturers making the shorter life batteries that originally came with the first shipped radios.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Since now Uniden is providing purchasers the extended battery, are units being purchased as we speak still coming with the non-extended life battery as well as the extended life battery, or only the extended life battery that causes many battery clips to fail?

Since I have an SDS200 I am now thinking I would be happier with the SDS100 unit with the non-extended battery without hum and backlight issues.

Why not just get the NEW Whistlers when and if they come out. I'm sure they will not have any issues whatsoever.

WeBeCinYa

You can track down a small battery and door, that’s what I did and use the small battery 95% of the time. I like the small look and I’m either home or in my truck mostly and can power if need be.

One point though, Uniden should offer the small battery and door for sale. There are customers like myself that need to know should one of those parts break or die, I can buy it again from the manufacture. This was part of the original design and many I have a feeling are in the same boat.

Uniden are you listening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.