SDS 100 Filter Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfd461

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I guess it’s a tech question,anybody out there that listens to Burlington County NJ, I’m curious what do you have filter settings set at?

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I don't own a sds100 but from reading on the forums here it is all location specific - try it until it works. It seems the sds series suffers from intermod, so changing ifx, or attenuator might also help

Just ask questions and a lot of people here will be able to help

I don't own a sds100 but ...
It seems the sds series suffers from intermod, so changing ifx, or attenuator might also help

The SDS series is specifically designed NOT to suffer from Intermod.

Where did you see complaints of Intermod?

Please post a link.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
The SDS series is specifically designed NOT to suffer from Intermod.

Where did you see complaints of Intermod?

Please post a link.

I've suffered from intermod, mainly from the local NOAA transmitter and VHF paging sites. Intermod is what the IFX Exchange feature attempts to fix. It shifts the IF to an alternate frequency so you no longer hear other stations mixing with your received frequency.
Several threads here contain examples or complaints of intermod.
The filters don't change the IF but rather attenuate frequencies above or below your desired frequency which can also have a positive affect in removing intermod.

The SDS radios are not really designed to eliminate Intermod, they are designed to handle LSM issues over typical superhet designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.