SDS 100 Small battery and cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synthetik

I purchased my SDS 100 after the battery had already been replaced with the larger battery and battery cover. I understand those who purchased with the original smaller battery received free upgrades to the larger battery and cover.

Is there any way to get one of the original smaller batteries and cover (either from Uniden or someone here willing to part with one?) I emailed Uniden support but never received a reply back. I often run it off USB power and the smaller footprint would be preferred for these situations.

Thanks!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I purchased my SDS 100 after the battery had already been replaced with the larger battery and battery cover. I understand those who purchased with the original smaller battery received free upgrades to the larger battery and cover.

Is there any way to get one of the original smaller batteries and cover (either from Uniden or someone here willing to part with one?) I emailed Uniden support but never received a reply back. I often run it off USB power and the smaller footprint would be preferred for these situations.

Thanks!
Uniden (UPMan, Paul Opitz the Uniden Product Manager) has stated that they have no plans to sell the smaller battery and/or cover. The only way to get one, apparently, is to find someone who got the large battery cover & replacement battery, and does not care to keep the small battery/cover.

BBossman1

Uniden (UPMan, Paul Opitz the Uniden Product Manager) has stated that they have no plans to sell the smaller battery and/or cover. The only way to get one, apparently, is to find someone who got the large battery cover & replacement battery, and does not care to keep the small battery/cover.

This is how I got mine...

synthetik

Thanks, would it be appropriate to ask here or do I need to post in another portion of the forum? Appreciate the help :)

tommul05

I have my SDS100 registered and have since the release. I have not received the new bigger battery and cover. Is there anything else I can do to get one sent to me?

Can anyone tell me if there is anything I can do to get the new bigger battery for my SDS100? I registered it on Uniden as soon as I got it early last year. I have not heard anything from Uniden about it. Thanks in advance

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I have my SDS100 registered and have since the release. I have not received the new bigger battery and cover. Is there anything else I can do to get one sent to me?

Is your shipping address info 100% correct at myuniden.com when you logon to your account. Check that and I think it will say that it is verified. Also make sure you serial number and checksum are entered correctly. All that must be correct in order to get the battery and cover.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative

Can anyone tell me if there is anything I can do to get the new bigger battery for my SDS100? I registered it on Uniden as soon as I got it early last year. I have not heard anything from Uniden about it. Thanks in advance
with your username or email I can look into what's wrong.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Thanks, It looks like UPMan got the response before I did. I said that you should give me that information here so others that may be having the same problem would know, I should have been more specific and asked for your information in a private message.

For your own sake, I would recommend removing your email address from a public forum.

tommul05

Thanks to the moderator for the help above with my information coverup. I wasnt thinking... I did just update all the information on the uniden site, added the ESN and checksum. PLease advise if the battery replacement will now happen automatically of if I need to do anythin else... Thanks again to you all!

tommul05

Thanks, It looks like UPMan got the response before I did. I said that you should give me that information here so others that may be having the same problem would know, I should have been more specific and asked for your information in a private message.

For your own sake, I would recommend removing your email address from a public forum.

Curious if you were able to see my updated information at the Uniden site. Did I need to do anything further or will the battery replacement come to me automatically now? Thanks again

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
This would be similar to those removable extended laptop batteries that hang off the back of a laptop, but the manufacturer not offering form fitting slim versions....I mean, if we the customers are paying for it, why not offer them for sale?

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.