SDS-100 wildcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluke281

Before I got my SDS-100, I took my Whistler WS-1088 up to the area where I intended to use my future scanner with an 800 Mhz yagi-- about 25 miles away. I used wildcard mode and wrote down the talkgroups I heard up there. When I came home, the Whistlers only produced garbled audio on P25, too far away even with the yagi. So the SDS-100 arrives and the audio is impressive. The trouble is that I cannot locate all of the talkgroups that I heard within the database for the area. So I edited the favorites and added the missing talkgroups. Voila, it picks up all of these talkgroups that I heard . But who else can do this? Two scanners. I tried the keyboard shortcuts for wildcard mode for the 436 but the SDS-100 expects quick keys. Any ideas?

rcool101

Feed Provider
Before I got my SDS-100, I took my Whistler WS-1088 up to the area where I intended to use my future scanner with an 800 Mhz yagi-- about 25 miles away. I used wildcard mode and wrote down the talkgroups I heard up there. When I came home, the Whistlers only produced garbled audio on P25, too far away even with the yagi. So the SDS-100 arrives and the audio is impressive. The trouble is that I cannot locate all of the talkgroups that I heard within the database for the area. So I edited the favorites and added the missing talkgroups. Voila, it picks up all of these talkgroups that I heard . But who else can do this? Two scanners. I tried the keyboard shortcuts for wildcard mode for the 436 but the SDS-100 expects quick keys. Any ideas?
While scanning the system you want... press F{function} / E{enter} to search all TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.