SDS 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
I know...once I got mine I thought I went to heaven. The thing is AWESOME! It will take a while for me to get used to it but all the bells and whistles...seems like Uniden looked at my wishlist for Christmas A few small glitches here and there...it will happen. Look at all the recalls for cars because they want to roll them off the lot. Looks aren't actually everything but from me having the 200 in my possession for a week now I am impressed with what I bought. I don't think Uniden has competition on this one. Good job to Paul too for answering q's here and there

blackbelter

I agree, every electronic device has its own unique issues . The radio is solid and it will require someone with patient and aptitude to operate it correctly . Most of all my yesterday’s experience with the uniden support team was impressive . Bravo Paul and team .

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
I've been waiting to purchase the SDS-200 until the speaker and analog sensitivity were addressed. Does anyone know if the "modified" units are out in the market place yet? Thank you

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Agreed - SDS200 is the best scanner and King of the Hill right now. But, where will we be and what will we be buying this time next year?

JD
kf4anc

mrkelso

Agreed - SDS200 is the best scanner and King of the Hill right now. But, where will we be and what will we be buying this time next year?

JD
kf4anc

We shouldn't have to buy anything else next year. The SDS 200 should be good for 5 years for me anyways.

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
Actually, to be honest, I think this scanner will be good for more than 5 years, unless departments go encrypted (God forbid). In my opinion, i really don't think Wheezer (Whistler) can top this radio. Uniden has been in this stuff for a long time, and I seriously think that they have been listening to our wants and needs.With the SDS100 and 200, Uniden has delivered! JMO

bdp278

Feed Provider
I've been waiting to purchase the SDS-200 until the speaker and analog sensitivity were addressed. Does anyone know if the "modified" units are out in the market place yet? Thank you

I just purchased my SDS200 & was told this batch was the updated group. No hum from the internal speaker or external speaker plugged into the rear speaker jack. The analog on 800 & 450 are still fair however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I just hooked up a friend of mine with the SDS200 and referred him to Scanner Master and advised him to ask about recent stock/fix before purchasing and they assured him they had the latest batch with the fix. Unboxed on Thursday and I helped him set it up (via phone) and everything was fine. No hum at all, anywhere. He can hear all of his airport towers 30mi away and ham repeaters about the same distance. Happy camper.

JD
kf4anc

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I just hooked up a friend of mine with the SDS200 and referred him to Scanner Master and advised him to ask about recent stock/fix before purchasing and they assured him they had the latest batch with the fix. Unboxed on Thursday and I helped him set it up (via phone) and everything was fine. No hum at all, anywhere. He can hear all of his airport towers 30mi away and ham repeaters about the same distance. Happy camper.

JD
kf4anc
Did you buy it for him? I could use another one...I'm scanner poor.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Bahahaha no, just a quick tutorial and a reference to a trusted vendor. He bought it and the DMR/NXDN upgrades all by himself and I got him up and running in about 2 hrs over the phone. He is older than I am (80) and doesn't hear so well anymore. Hooked him up with the same little speaker system I have. He's ready to rock

Marky102770

Actually, to be honest, I think this scanner will be good for more than 5 years, unless departments go encrypted (God forbid). In my opinion, i really don't think Wheezer (Whistler) can top this radio. Uniden has been in this stuff for a long time, and I seriously think that they have been listening to our wants and needs.With the SDS100 and 200, Uniden has delivered! JMO

Actually B.C./Uniden was the worse until radios shack went out of business. uniden didn't have nothing on GRE radios.
Once radio shack went out of business, only then Uniden came up

SlyFerret

Agreed. I came to the SDS200 from an old Radio Shack Pro-106. The 106 has served me well, but holy cow. The SDS200 is just completely in another league. I now need to buy an SDS100 to carry around with me. It’s hard to go back to the 106 while away from the house.

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jjbond

Banned
Banned

JD
kf4anc
Ham Station has the best deal going right now and they even specify that they have new stock...

They're a bit hard nosed about not returning it to them but for free shipping AND no tax (as they ship from Indiana, (about $50.00 saving there alone) and a unit known to have the ghetto hodge podge hack attempt at a fix Uniden put in, this may be the best deal going right now.

SDS-200 SHIPS FREE ground shipping No Tax out of IN Uniden Sds-200 Digital scanner [] - $699.99 : The Hamstation!, Your one stop on-line source for amateur radio fun.

2019-05-05_02-05-32.jpg

Just saying that Bearcat Warehouse sold one to me for the same price, no shipping and does not have the "hum issue" either (newer stock). This was back on 3/16/2019.
So this "deal" has been around for a while now..
Edit: No tax was collected either!!!

Last edited:

K5mow

I am very excited I have placed my order for the SDS200 on Friday with Zip Scaner’s. I hope they have the new stock and not the old radios with the speaker hum and reception on analog problem. I was on aware of this issue and did not ask them.

It should be shipped out tomorrow

Does anyone know if Zip Scaner‘s has the new stock.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.