SDS100/SDS200: SDS Cold Solder Joint Issue... Part Deux

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
My SDS100 that I sent in back in March 2022 is doing it again. Boxed up and ready to go back to Flower Mound, TX. Very frustrating. I dont use the radio that often, so I probably have an hour of actual usage and never took the antenna back off once it came in. Maybe I have the 2nd one to roll off the line. This time its coming back and going to be sold. I cant sink 100.00 in it especailly when it gets used maybe three times a year. I guess I got a real lemon with this particular unit. Hopefully they will also fix the rotary knob this time. It was not addressed last time and I (foolishly) did not send it back when It returned. Oh well.

Has anyone else had this RSSI issue crop up after repair? @JoeBearcat Am i correct to assume this will not be covered under any repair warranty? I am not expecting it to be, but if you dont ask, the anwer is always no.

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
They received it Tuesday, I will update the thread with the current repair turnaround times.

In order to sell it, do I need to do anything to de-register it off of my Uniden account so the next owner can purchase entitlements?

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
I sent one of my SDS100s in the end of October for what I think has to do with the control board. It won’t power up. I had an estimated return date of 11/22/23. I have still not heard anything and the status on their website confirms they got it and logged it and assigned it a case number on 11/02/23. Not that I am being impatient, since I have 3 other scanners to use, but for those with experience in sending them in for repair, is it worth giving a call to see if there is any further information they can provide on repair status?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can call with the case number and other information about the scanner and get an update it could be a problem waiting on parts or a problem with the payment. But call and ask for a update I did was nice about it and got answers.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can call with the case number and other information about the scanner and get an update it could be a problem waiting on parts or a problem with the payment. But call and ask for an update I did was nice about it and got answers.
I figure it’s parts if anything. It’s under warranty yet, until April, so it should be on their dime. Their website tracker thing is nice but it is detail lacking.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can call with the case number and other information about the scanner and get an update it could be a problem waiting on parts or a problem with the payment. But call and ask for a update I did was nice about it and got answers.
How ironic this is. I was going to call them today as I had part of the day off. Last night I got a Fedex tracking number. It's on it's way back to me.

kae9797

Premium Subscriber
How ironic this is. I was going to call them today as I had part of the day off. Last night I got a Fedex tracking number. It's on it's way back to me.
Well did you get that scanner back yet?
Did they fix the problem?
Ohhh I cant wait to hear the answer...

Stay tune for another chapter as the scanner turns.......

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Well did you get that scanner back yet?
Did they fix the problem?
Ohhh I cant wait to hear the answer...

Stay tune for another chapter as the scanner turns.......
Yes. It arrived late afternoon yesterday. It was a day late due to the weather. I let it sit to warm up until late evening. It was the logic board that needed to be replaced. It arrived back in the same condition as it was when I shipped it. I put the SD card back in it and a battery and it powered up fine and works.

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
It arrived back from them on the 25th, so it was gone about 20 days after they got it.