SDS100 and OKWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
Didn't know exactly where to post this. If it should go somewhere else, feel free to move it.

I can't hear any of the OKWIN lists on my SDS100. The Provoice and P25 channels are fine. And the same OKWIN channels on my BCD436HP are fine. Any suggestions I can follow to resolve this on the SDS100?

movinon

Premium Subscriber
FOLLOWING......I am getting myself a new sds100 for my birthday.
I may need some help. I understand okc is getting a new system. My hp536 works fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Didn't know exactly where to post this. If it should go somewhere else, feel free to move it.

I can't hear any of the OKWIN lists on my SDS100. The Provoice and P25 channels are fine. And the same OKWIN channels on my BCD436HP are fine. Any suggestions I can follow to resolve this on the SDS100?
Are you using a Favorites list, or using the main database, location, and range? If using the main database, did you, by chance, update the database early yesterday? There was a bug in how Sentinel was handling the main database. A new version of Sentinel has been released to deal with that. If you have not done so, download and install the new version of Sentinel, and update the main database. Once you've done that, force write the full database to the scanner.

If using a Favorites list, are you using the same list for both your SDS100 and 436HP?

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
Are you using a Favorites list, or using the main database, location, and range? If using the main database, did you, by chance, update the database early yesterday? There was a bug in how Sentinel was handling the main database. A new version of Sentinel has been released to deal with that. If you have not done so, download and install the new version of Sentinel, and update the main database. Once you've done that, force write the full database to the scanner.

If using a Favorites list, are you using the same list for both your SDS100 and 436HP?

Just updated both Sentinel and the database tonight and force wrote the full database to the SDS100. I'm presently redoing my favorites list from the new database. I'll let you know how that goes later.

Yes, I'm using the same list, with a change in one of the favorites, for both scanners. I learned how to do that with Sentinel in the Uniden Software forum, thanks to you and some others who helped me there.

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
Looks like updating Sentinel and the database worked. After doing that and recreating my favorites, I'm now receiving all the OKWIN channels I have programmed, along with Provoice and P25. Thanks again hiegtx.

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS100 and live in the Tulsa area, and I can honestly say, this is a powerhouse radio!

Uniden is at its very best here, I can hear TPD digitally very crisp and loud at all locations in the city.

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber

The latest firmware update provides you with several filter options.

Normal would work best for P25

Status
Not open for further replies.