SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Firmware 1.03.03M/1.01.05S Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Upman, here's a new issue for me. When listening to a CON+ system the SDS100 isn't able to decode one particular site for whatever reason.

Signal strength is very good (and should be) but it never seems to read the CC properly and lock onto valid conversations.

I had Airspy & DSD+ running at the same time and the SDS100 never picked up the voice traffic. I could see the scanner sitting on the proper frequency but the LCN value never populated and no voice ever came thru. This was across a few channels.

Log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zggi2f7jlxkwxxa/ConPlusFail.zip?raw=1
System: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7571

(Note I'm just giving the link for reference as the RR DB isn't very accurate on this system.)

Notes:

1. This system uses multiple sites and I avoided any irrelevant sites -- so it's only sitting on Site 10.
2. The frequencies/LCNs are correct.
3. This control channel sits on a typical 6.25khz CON+ control channel; however, immediately next to it is a NXDN voice channel. It's very narrow but on the SDR I have my B/W set to 8,000 Hz so I don't pick up the offending signal.
4. RE: #3 I don't know what the bandwidth of the SDS100 is on a given 6.25 khz step but it didn't look like the NXDN signal was affecting the CC but it's hard to know for sure.
5. Noise values do get rather crazy high at times. I've seen them as high as 50K and as low as in the hundreds.
6. In the log file, most of the voice activity is at the end of the log (due to the early morning hours) but the only active TGID was 11998357 so hopefully the scanner is detecting the correct TGID.
7. The voice channels do not have any offending signals near them from what I can see on the SDR and are all use plenty of power output.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I had Airspy & DSD+ running at the same time and the SDS100 never picked up the voice traffic. I could see the scanner sitting on the proper frequency but the LCN value never populated

The scanner doesn't get the displayed LCN from the control channel, it gets the LCN from your programming. If it's not showing on-screen, then you don't have the LCN programmed. You MUST run LCN Finder on the site BEFORE scanning for voice traffic if any site LCN values are missing or incorrect.

DSD uses LSNs instead of LCNs, so be aware of the difference.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
The scanner doesn't get the displayed LCN from the control channel, it gets the LCN from your programming. If it's not showing on-screen, then you don't have the LCN programmed. You MUST run LCN Finder on the site BEFORE scanning for voice traffic if any site LCN values are missing or incorrect.

DSD uses LSNs instead of LCNs, so be aware of the difference.

Jon I know what I'm doing thanks...

Ubbe

If the noise level goes high it means the the signal could be burried in that noise and it would be a huge problem to get a reliable decode of the data. Step size have no relation with bandwidth. If you only have NFM and FM selections in your scanner then it is only bandwidths suitable for 12,5KHz and 25KHz channel width modulations and not super narrow 6,25KHz.

/Ubbe

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The scanner has received grant and update message of TG 559 many times.
Also patch IDs.

However, for some reason seems to be unable to move to voice channels.

Please set delay time to 0 or avoid patch IDs, and try again after updating to new public beta firmware (I will post in a few minutes to a new thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.