SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Firmware 1.03.03M/1.01.05S Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Release Notes:

1. Improved reception on P25 trunked systems.
2. Improved reception for short communications on trunked systems.
3. Improved reception on EDACS trunked systems.
4. Fixed the issue that the scanner does not save channel option changes in Simple Trunk
5. Fixed U_Id in GSI response (remote command) issue

Unzip and put both files in the scanner's firmware directory.

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/PartnerWeb/SDS100-Beta/SDS100-V1_03_03M_V1_01_05S.zip

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the Update UPMan, I'll throw it my radio in a few minutes and compare it with the public release on my other.

Thank you for your continued efforts to improve the performance of the radio.

Thanks again,
Bob

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

K9JLR

@UPMan would that be the firmware folder? Accessing it via This PC

Yes, see the image below. When you select mass storage after plugging in the usb cable from the scanner to the computer, select the "firmware" folder from the USB (E) drive folder. Open the folder, and then copy and paste or otherwise transfer the unzipped, downloaded firmware files above to that folder. Once completed, you can unplug the cable and allow the scanner to update the firmware. Go in when finished and verify, through the menu, that the two versions above are current in the scanner.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,842

Blunt630

Thanks for the help!!! Cheers!

Yes, see the image below. When you select mass storage after plugging in the usb cable from the scanner to the computer, select the "firmware" folder from the USB (E) drive folder. Open the folder, and then copy and paste or otherwise transfer the unzipped, downloaded firmware files above to that folder. Once completed, you can unplug the cable and allow the scanner to update the firmware. Go in when finished and verify, through the menu, that the two versions above are current in the scanner.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Even though it worked good before, I can see an improvement with the new beta firmware on my local system. Monroe County Trunking System, Monroe County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies. Especially with the quick responses during transmissions. Will be able to try it on other systems later this weekend. Thanks for the always continued improvements on both your x36 and SDS100 scanners. Don't understand why some are so impatient.

N6ML

When you select mass storage after plugging in the usb cable from the scanner to the computer, select the "firmware" folder from the USB (E) drive folder. Open the folder, and then copy and paste or otherwise transfer the unzipped, downloaded firmware files above to that folder. Once completed, you can unplug the cable and allow the scanner to update the firmware.

I believe that the recommendation is to NOT unplug the cable, but to hold the power button to initiate the firmware update. I assume that that's intended to reduce risk of power loss due to battery exhaustion during the flashing process (which could result in a brick?)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I believe that the recommendation is to NOT unplug the cable, but to hold the power button to initiate the firmware update. I assume that that's intended to reduce risk of power loss due to battery exhaustion during the flashing process (which could result in a brick?)
I have no problems simply unplugging the cable, after correctly 'ejecting' the scanner's card on the PC.

K9JLR

Yes, that's correct - typo in my previous post. the scanner will tell you not to unplug the power source until it's done updating the firmware.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Open a new thread with that question. Doesn't belong in firmware feedback thread...trying to keep it clear for reports.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Folks: a reminder to please help keep this thread on topic.
Do not post in this thread if your question or comment has nothing to do with the listed firmware update.
Any off topic posts will be deleted without warning and infractions may be issued to repeat offenders.
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

N6ML

I'm still seeing continual spasming of the display while monitoring a single P25p1 system with system hold time 0. With system hold time set to 60, it shows periods of stability, interspersed with periods of spasming. No real change here.

I'm also still (not) hearing some missed responses during conversations (compared to a G5 monitoring the same TG) - believe to be due to a missed move to a different voice channel.

SCPD

QRT
This time it updated the Sub CPU.
Thank you UPMan for the SDS-100 Firmware update

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm testing on a AFB p25 l, Edacs provice, cap+ and con+ system.

So far on Con+ the freq sits there with 3 bars doesn't show the Con+ icon and no sysid or site info shows up either. I have moved the radio around nothing.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Preliminary testing seems to show improved P25 performance on the systems around me hearing many more responses now also the patch bug is now fixed I am hearing the patch on both talk groups. Thank you to UPMan and the Uniden team for this update the scanner seems to be working a lot better. I'll post again after I have had a along time to test the new firmware. But this seems like a big step in the right direction!

Thanks again UPMan

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.