SDS100 NXDN Issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbriden

Hi so I believe I may be doing something wrong when setting up my SDS100.

Using the RR database I setup a local NXDN system selecting tower and talkgroups pretty simple.

Now when I listen the SDS100 does not Ever get any hits mean while my TRX-1 is hearing all sorts of stuff.

I am even using the same antenna on both radios. I have tried with Sentinel and ARC536Pro Software.

Is there anything I need to do aside from plug and play on the SDS100 that will affect NXDN reception.

Thanks

Glenn

P.S. If it helps I am trying to get the OnQ system and I'm basically in Toronto Canada.

DataSquid

I monitor the Kitchener site here without issue on my SDS200. Just loaded the system into an FL using Sentinel, removed the out of range sites (to cut down wasted scanning time) and off it went. You purchased and input the NXDN license key successfully?

gbriden

Yeah it told me install was good will look again maybe I have to many talkgroups or my selected tower site is too weak seems strange that TRX-2 an older unit gets everything great SIGH....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hi so I believe I may be doing something wrong when setting up my SDS100.

Using the RR database I setup a local NXDN system selecting tower and talkgroups pretty simple.

Now when I listen the SDS100 does not Ever get any hits mean while my TRX-1 is hearing all sorts of stuff.

I am even using the same antenna on both radios. I have tried with Sentinel and ARC536Pro Software.

Is there anything I need to do aside from plug and play on the SDS100 that will affect NXDN reception.

Thanks

Glenn

P.S. If it helps I am trying to get the OnQ system and I'm basically in Toronto Canada.

The difference you're experiencing is the TRX-1 doesn't "trunk" the system but instead it scans all the channels and hits on the talk groups. If you have all the frequencies in the site, go into menu, look for Analyze, then look for LCN finder (Make sure the system and site are actively scanning). The LCN finder should find the channel numbers assigned to each frequency and you'll be able to trunk track it.

The programming is different between Whistler and Uniden.

EDIT: I just looked at the system you're trying to monitor and the Channel ID's are already in there. Like the previous poster said, you might want to download the system from the database to get your self up and running.

gbriden

I am downloading using software when I look at system list the sites all have LCN's listed but when run Analyze it still finds 0 of 20. Would love to send my config Via Email to someone that has system working to help me fix. If interested send me a personal message.

THANKS

Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.