SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 / SDS200 Enhancement Update 1.09.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Apply using Sentinel. This is a public (not beta) release.
  • Modified crackle noise for analog voice on SDS100
  • Fixed the issue of stopping scan during priority scan on SDS200
  • Fixed the issue the open squelch backlight does not turn off till hold time expires
  • Changed housekeeping off while scanning one site and detecting its control channel (drop in signal every 2 seconds).
You should no longer need to set hold time to 255 (or some other long value) to prevent the housekeeping cycle.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Yup, thanks Paul for all that you do. Glad to see the SDS scanners getting better and better. You guys are on top of it!

JD
kf4anc

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
Yes..Thanks UPMan for this update and all that you and your team do -- Sofar what caused the pesky crackle problem mighta finally got found and fixed..thanks much :D

phask

Premium Subscriber
"Modified crackle noise for analog voice on SDS100"

Sorry, but I did read it but I'm missing where it says that it applies to both? It specifically says SMS100.

How about in the thread title
SDS100 / SDS200 Enhancement Update 1.09.02

as well as the 1st post.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
How about in the thread title
SDS100 / SDS200 Enhancement Update 1.09.02

as well as the 1st post.
Apply using Sentinel. This is a public (not beta) release.
  • Modified crackle noise for analog voice on SDS100
  • Fixed the issue of stopping scan during priority scan on SDS200
  • Fixed the issue the open squelch backlight does not turn off till hold time expires
  • Changed housekeeping off while scanning one site and detecting its control channel (drop in signal every 2 seconds).
You should no longer need to set hold time to 255 (or some other long value) to prevent the housekeeping cycle.

The first post indicates it's rectifies the issue on the SDS100, not the SDS200.

garys

Premium Subscriber
What ever your software guys did improved reception on UHF analog quite a bit. The problem of no audio is gone, there is no crackling. I never noticed the other issues, so can't comment on them.

Overall, the scanner (SDS200) has improved with each update.

I guess the bigger the text the more correct the response must be. :cool:

Anyway, kudos on this release. I am SO impressed at the speed they have been addressing issues. Thank you UPMan and the Uniden team. It's much appreciated.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Since it's the exact same FW release number it should be self-explanatory that it does the same thing for both receivers.
Really? Then why would Paul specifically note SDS100 or SDS200 for certain issues in the release notes?

By your (faulty) logic, since the same firmware release applies to both scanners, then both scanners should be 100% identical to each other in every way. Clearly they are not, and so the firmware package has code in it that varies depending on which device it is being loaded into.

Status
Not open for further replies.