SDS100/SDS200 Tax Day Update (1.10.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Let's keep this thread about the update.

One warning only.

Cowpoke_AR

I am having issues with my LED Notification Lights being the wrong color on my Radio. Am I the only one having this issue or is this something that needs to be fixed with a Firmware Update? Example, my White is Yellow, My Cyan is Green, and it goes on from there. Some are showing correctly. Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Thanks!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Happy Tax Day!

Apply the update using Sentinel, as usual (for public releases).

1.10.00 Main (4/15/2019)
This firmware applies the following enhancements and bug fixes:
  • Fixed the issue of false TGID displaying during site hold.
  • Modified the valid condition of EDACS system ID.
  • Improved DMR OFT reception.
  • Improved NXDN48 (OFT) reception.
  • Slightly improved the clarity of analog and digital voice
I think it says more than you typed.

DataSquid

I think it says more than you typed.

Is that in reply to me? If so, I quoted the only note in the release notes I was asking about: EDACS. For reasons I am mystified by, I had earlier posted to report that it didn't improve the performance of the EDACS system I monitor. So I'm trying a different tactic and trying to figure out first what impact this change is meant to have had before sharing my experience, to keep it "on topic."

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Update working great on two SDS 200s and i haven't tried the 100 yet so we shall see. But, i expect the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ansky

Is that in reply to me? If so, I quoted the only note in the release notes I was asking about: EDACS. For reasons I am mystified by, I had earlier posted to report that it didn't improve the performance of the EDACS system I monitor. So I'm trying a different tactic and trying to figure out first what impact this change is meant to have had before sharing my experience, to keep it "on topic."

My local EDACS system sounds worse than ever after this update. I'm getting large signal fluctuations and sometimes complete signal dropout.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I sure appreciate the efforts by Uniden, and the attention to keeping our investments up-to-date and working properly.

However, Analog reception is still reduced since the last update, I was sure hoping it would return to the same performance it had.

I look forward to future updates and fixes as they come

CQ

Firmware gets downloaded to directory and told to unplug USB but no update. Tried power cycling and removing downloaded firmware file. Same thing happens. First time a firmware update doesn't work for me.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I need some help here on my sds100.

These last two updates have trashed my radio. The VHF UHF enhancement firmware reduceed sensitivity of my VHF UHF reception which was superior to my 536.

Now my modulation on simulcast and otherwise is terrible, it's brassy and difficult to understand. It's like scraping your fingernails on the chalkboard.

The final straw for me is I have been on record praising the performance with the SDS 100 on my local NX 48 system, well now I've lost that too. Missed Transmissions and it scans right through active Transmissions I hear on my x36. When I do pick things up the modulation is awful.

So the last firmware update that worked good for me was the one that introduced the wide filters. After that update the radio was really working great and I was extremely satisfied and impressed.

I've never had to rollback an update but I need to roll back these last two. I want my great radio back. I tried looking up how to do it and I don't seem to be finding the answers I need.

Could someone kindly go through the steps or direct me to where I can find the steps to revert back to the firmware that introduced the wide filters, I think it was the one that had the SDS 200 hum mitigation also.

I want to get my radio back as it was really working great for all of my needs. Any help will be appreciated on how to roll back these last two firmware updates. Thank you.

Last edited:

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
It's been a few months since I've updated, and I don't really need to. My radio is flawless and I sure don't want to chance what happened to trentbob. All I do is check the RRDB and update my library but only if I absolutely need to. If everything is working right, why update? I even have my Windows 10 updates turned off. I hate it when updates screw stuff up. Happens enough with Win10, sure don't need it on my scanners, too. Hey, I'm an outlaw, I live dangerously. I buy my milk after the expiration date. I don't need no stinking updatesss.

I need to go nite-nite. I'm getting loopy :)

allend

Premium Subscriber
I ran the SDS-200 firmware upgrade tonight and no issues. I have not seen anything that got worse or got better. Seems good to me so far.

Conventional P-25 Sounds great to me with LAPD and Analog in VHF high and UHF high seems pretty good.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I’m seeing-10 to -20 DB improvement in signal strength

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

brettbolt

Could someone kindly go through the steps or direct me to where I can find the steps to revert back to the firmware that introduced the wide filters, I think it was the one that had the SDS 200 hum mitigation also.
+1 Where can we download previous firmware releases?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yeah that's great that it's working for some people but this really shows the inconsistencies from radio to radio, I regret updating as I had no issues with what the upgrades addressed. I shouldn't have done it but I did. I don't want new updates to fix the old updates I just want to get rid of these last two updates. The radio was working so great, I've had enough of this crap, I've been working with the thing all night trying different filters and testing the radio. No matter how much I play with it it isn't going to get any better until I can revert back to the last firmware that worked great and get rid of these two new firmware updates. I'm going to bed.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Regarding the poorer Analog issues some are seeing.
I tested my SDS100 with the 1.09.02 and this 1.10.00 FW versions. After upgrading to the 1.09.02 version, I was also seeing much poorer reception of analog VHF channels mostly.

Playing with the filter settings brought back reception for me. This was on mostly analog VHF channels where I now saw bad or no reception. Changing filters fixed it all and it is now as good, if not better, than it was prior to the 1.09.xx FW version.

Sorry, I can't say what filter worked best as I really think this may be unique to each users location or perhaps the different characteristics of each SDS as has been hinted at before.

I just wanted to throw this out there as the majority of the posts I read about trying the latest FW versions and seeing lower reception quality do not mention if the user ever tried changing the filter options on the signals that were worse.
Since doing this, my SDS100 is now receiving as good, if not better, than it ever did.

Example... When I test it using the seven NOAA WX frequencies, if my Icom R8600 or R9000 can hear a very weak signal way down in the mud, my SDS100 will now also hear the same signal. Before I played with the filters, I could not hear any NOAA signals other than the one local to me. I have two weaker WX signals other than the local WX channel that are normally received here but weaker of course. These two recent FW versions wiped out those two weaker WX signals to the point they could not even be detected. Since changing filters, the two weaker WX signals are back to normal. The only downfall is the tinny speaker and lower audio amp output in the SDS100 compared to the speakers hooked to my Icom's.

So, for anyone seeing poorer reception with the latest FW versions, play with the filter settings before throwing in the towel if you have not tried this.

Status
Not open for further replies.