SDS100 - TG Database and location/radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwommack

New SDS 100 owner coming over from a TRX-1. Ive created a home FL with a 30 mile radius. So far so good as its catching only those towers inside the radius however Im not getting some of the TG text labels. I turned on ID Search for this particular system. I got TG's that are known in the RR database but only the TG number an not the description.

Question - Are agencies/municipalities geocoded in the RR database so if they fall outside my location and radius, I will not see their department/labels if ID search is enabled?

The system this occurs on is GATRRS - https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
They should still be loaded and display the name, if you included the channels in your FL. Of course, if they are not in the FL, then they will only display the TGID #, as the scanner won't know their name.

Actually, if they are loaded, but out of range, the scanner won't stop on them even in ID Search mode (they appear as avoided). So, yes, Agencies/municipalities (what rrdb calls subcategories) are geocoded.

I suspect the TGIDs you are seeing the #s for are not actually in the FL you built.

mwommack

Thanks. It looks like I may have to cast a wider radius to catch all the TG info but mute/avoid those towers I can't possibly pick up. Ill also check the service selection to make sure my categories are in order.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Thanks. It looks like I may have to cast a wider radius to catch all the TG info but mute/avoid those towers I can't possibly pick up. Ill also check the service selection to make sure my categories are in order.
That sounds like a great idea. Of course, creating a favorites list or multiple ones will ensure that you have the frequencies you want in your scan selection.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I've noticed that on my 436HP that some TGs seem to be out of my location range while the tower site they are coming through is being scanned. I just turn ID search on or make up my own favorites list with all of the system's TGs included.

Status
Not open for further replies.