sds100 upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim382

Sds 100 - I live in the Tampa bay Florida area and I have a qeshin abowt the nxdn and dmr / mototerbo upgrades . my scanner resaves sum county’s but wont lock on to others . the scanner shows the systems butt doesn’t follow them . for example Sarasota . any one know which upgrade I need to fallow theas systems . thank you

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Sds 100 - I live in the Tampa bay Florida area and I have a qeshin abowt the nxdn and dmr / mototerbo upgrades . my scanner resaves sum county’s but wont lock on to others . the scanner shows the systems butt doesn’t follow them . for example Sarasota . any one know which upgrade I need to fallow theas systems . thank you
Looking at your county, Manatee, as well as Pinellas (Clearwater) and Hillsborough (Tampa Bay), I don't see much public safety usage on DMR or NXDN in the database.

For Hillsborough, the county jail, as well as the Port Authority use DMR, and the aviation authority uses NXDN. Some of the schools use DMR, and there are some business DMR user or systems with a couple that are NXDN, but unless you are specifically interested in one or more of them, the DMR or NXDN upgrades may not be needed. The Hillsborough County EDACS system is flagged as Analog and ProVoice, but the only ProVoice talkgroups shown for Law Enforcement are encrypted, so the ProVoice upgrade would not be needed.

Manatee does not have any DMR or NXDN users in the database. Probably a few businesses may be using that mode, but nothing has been submitted for any of them (if there are any).

For Pinellas, Belleair PD shows to be DMR, but encrypted, so the upgrade would not help there either. Like Hillsborough, the only other DMR or NXDN systems are business related.

If the database is correct, Sarasota County is on this Motorola system. If you are not hearing them, then possibly they are out of range, or if you are scanning using the main database, the range setting and your location may be including them. Which antenna are you using? The one that came with the scanner or something else?

Do you have the latest database in your SDS100, as well as the current firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.