SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob-k

Has all the bugs been worked out of the SDS100?
Hi I just sold my SDS100 so I can upgrade to the SDS200 and I loved the hand held version! In my use I never saw issues and I know there were updates but I thought the SDS was great. Now I hear fom some that the SDS is deaf in areas is seek a person from your area to make sure your area is ready for SDS

EricHoffman

I just drove from the Boston area to Naples Florida with my SDS100 hooked up to the GPS and it performed really well on all trunked systems, EDACS, P25 systems and Motorolla type 1,2 sytems. I have found it to be weak on UHF and VHF still. I have updated the firmware as well.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Tired of waiting on Whistler. No info are anything.

Same here. I get that there is competitive secrets, but in Whistler's case, no picture, no details, just a release date that has been pushed back. While waiting, my area went to P25 simulcast and my TRX 2 is struggling. Meanwhile, Uniden has released their second simulcast capable scanner. (sigh). I had money waiting to see what Whistler is going to do, meanwhile I am missing calls (Using my scanner to monitor my customers on the system I work on).

So, Uniden it is. I picked up my SDS 100 about 2 weeks ago, and it's been working very well. Is it perfect ? Naw. Will the Whistler be perfect ? Nope. But, the SDS performs well in P25 simulcast and does what I need very well. If you want one, go for it.

GaRebel

Premium Subscriber
Did the same about a week ago. Got the SDS 100. Guess Whistler isn't interested. So far it is OK.

bdp278

Feed Provider
Also purchased an early model SDS100 w/ the small battery, worked great in the beginning but noticed a gradual loss of reception, so sent it in for warranty repair. Since I figured it would be at least 4 weeks to get it back ( was right on the money on that time frame), took a chance & purchased another later model SDS100 & works really well especially with the firmware updates w/ the new RF filter settings. Finally received the original back from Unidentifiable repair, they did nothing other than update the firmware, stating the unit "performed within factory specs". Compared the 2 units on reception on our local simulcast P1 700/800 MHz system here, noticed the newer unit has a slight better edge on reception with all settings being exactly the same on both units using same antennas. So it appears the later (current) units perform slightly better, probably due to now better manufacturing process. All that being said, at some point probably with in a year or so, Uniden will just stop offering firmware upgrades to this unit, figuring they have improved this model as much as possible, & probably newer units on the horizon. Let's face it, they are a "for profit" company, and they make their profits on selling units, so no real incentive to just keep updating firmware on existing products. Get each model performing as best as possible, then move onto introducing new models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
My first unit I had to send back due to not receiving digital signals.

So far, my new one that I got the other day has been working correctly.

*Knock on wood*

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I purchased the first batch with small battery. I haven't had any problems with it. I keep it running on my nightstand 24/7 except when I take it riding with my 436 and 125. Best handheld scanner on the market in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.