SDS200 audio feed via LAN to Raspberry Pi

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Hi all,

My area is switching over to P25 Phase II soon and it's an excuse to replace my BCD996XT with an SDS200 scanner that also supplies my Broadcastify feed. My question is, I want to feed the SDS200 audio to my Raspberry Pi via LAN, but the only software I have been able to find to do this is RadioFeed, and while it's great software, it is a Windows only program. I can't use the dedicated "Rec Out" jack option since I still listen to my scanner via it's speaker. Does anyone know of software or setup I can use to accomplish this? Thanks!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
VLC can connect to the scanner RTSP Ethernet audio. I did a quick online search 'vlc raspberry pi' . I see a lot of links on installing VLC on Raspberry Pi.

DC31

Feed Provider
Why not just get an sdr stick (less than $50) and use sdrtrunk on the pi? Streams directly to BCFY. You can also listen locally by plugging in speakers or using a bluetooth speaker.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
VLC can connect to the scanner RTSP Ethernet audio. I did a quick online search 'vlc raspberry pi' . I see a lot of links on installing VLC on Raspberry Pi.
I thought about that, but how would I log into Broadcastify? As far as i know, VLC doesn't support any type of log in to upload audio but I could be mistaken. I'll take a look.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Why not just get an sdr stick (less than $50) and use sdrtrunk on the pi? Streams directly to BCFY. You can also listen locally by plugging in speakers or using a bluetooth speaker.
I already run a similar feed with an RPi and SDR stick, however it's not something I want to do with this particular setup