SDS200 initial reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
If the modification part was installed, you could probably return the Audio setting back to Infinite and you shouldn't hear anything. Mine is quiet as a church mouse after I performed the mod surgery and no more amp delay needed.

Tried that and it then made the noise while scanning, not near as bad as the first 2 i tried, but still did it, then turned the audio filter setting back to 100, and it went away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ncfirewire

Premium Subscriber
Has it been said yet what exactly the wide normal filter setting is doing opposed to the other ones? I tried this filter setting on both my analog and digital systems and the results are the best i have yet.
The digital is pulling in stuff that is further away
The analog is 1000 times clearer than before

intermod

Avoid function on DMR scanning is not working as expected. For example, when traffic is occurring on Slot 1, and Slot 2 is idle, and Avoid is pressed, the audio of the particular talkgroup (or maybe entire slot) is muted, but scanning hangs on the frequency, preventing it from scanning other channels.

The universal approach to Nuisance Delete on commercial DMR radios has been to lockout the entire channel position (a position is a specific combination of Frequency, Slot & TG) and continue scanning other positions. This of course is somewhat undesirable as well. A more innovative way is to only lockout the talkgroup for that position/frequency or the specific slot. But either way would be more desirable than hanging on a channel with no useful traffic.

Overall, DMR is working well. Audio level compared with the P25 channel is a bit low, and it is sometimes challenged by Direct Mode/Simplex DMR (slow decoding).

Is there a formal bug/feature reporting system/site for Uniden products?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
How is the channel programmed? As DMR OFT? MotoTRBO? If as conventional, what you describe is normal...it will hang on the control data.

intermod

How is the channel programmed? As DMR OFT? MotoTRBO? If as conventional, what you describe is normal...it will hang on the control data.

Correct - conventional DMR OFT. I could see this occurring if I was running with slot and TG undefined (as not to miss other messages on the same slot but different TG). To test this, I set the TG, Slot and CC and it still occurred. I understand this may be by design. Is there a way to set this up so that we can scan other DMR conventional channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.