SDS200 initial reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The SDS200 is now arriving in the hands of purchasers in the U.S.

Please limit this thread to:
  • First-hand reports from people who have actually used an SDS200 to monitor radio traffic or,
  • Questions directed to people who have first-hand experience with the SDS200.
Thank you.

Last edited:

mam1081

Feed Provider
sds200_box.JPGsds200_update.JPGsds200_screen.JPG

Also, the old Siren app for the 536 seems to work sorta...it will show you the activity on the screen and the RSSI level, but no audio. I just have the scanner plugged into the front network jack. Doing a quick port scan, it seems the FTP port is open, and sometimes you can get a response on port 80 - browsing to it, it's just a site that says: I am scanner called UB375Z.

Ubbe

It's a direct copy of the SDS100 firmware and then things added like the network, considering the "Batt:" on the display?

/Ubbe

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
A few more. Thanks Ham Station.
So Ham Station did what they promised, that's good to know the next time I have to spend $700.00
on a new scanner. Mine is still sitting in Texas and not South Bend where my shipping label was created.

Peerlessk

From the looks after zooming in on the screen of the sds200 . It looks like the screen reflects around the edges just like the sds100 . Was hoping this wouldn’t be the case .

wise871

Database Admin
From the looks after zooming in on the screen of the sds200 . It looks like the screen reflects around the edges just like the sds100 . Was hoping this wouldn’t be the case .

Which picture do you see that on? I see the light reflecting off the plastic screen cover they haven’t removed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peerlessk

Which picture do you see that on? I see the light reflecting off the plastic screen cover they haven’t removed yet.

Last one , could be the plastic I suppose . I does reflect more on the sds100 with my screen protector on

wise871

Database Admin
Last one , could be the plastic I suppose . I does reflect more on the sds100 with my screen protector on

Definitely the screen protector from what I see. I looked at some of the previous videos on YouTube and none of them show exhibit this issue.

Peerlessk

Definitely the screen protector from what I see. I looked at some of the previous videos on YouTube and none of them show exhibit this issue.

Yes, I too am looking at YouTube . Seems the issue is none existent on the sds200 .

mam1081

Feed Provider
Yea, same as previous pics. Antenna, Ext Speaker, MicroUSB, GPS, Power (barrel & 3 pin).

I may have something set funny...anyone else get the scanner dropping some digital calls mid-call, and when sitting on a trunked system with no traffic, the signal meter goes on and off, as does the SysID and RSSI - almost like Close Call is on (but its not) or its searching for another control channel. The frequency display doesn't change off of the control channel. This seems to happen on all systems tried so far - P25 (400 & 800) and Motorola SZ systems (400 & 800), EDACS (800 - maybe not as "jumpy" as on the other systems)

Reactions: RRR
Yea, same as previous pics. Antenna, Ext Speaker, MicroUSB, GPS, Power (barrel & 3 pin).

I may have something set funny...anyone else get the scanner dropping some digital calls mid-call, and when sitting on a trunked system with no traffic, the signal meter goes on and off, as does the SysID and RSSI - almost like Close Call is on (but its not) or its searching for another control channel. The frequency display doesn't change off of the control channel. This seems to happen on all systems tried so far - P25 (400 & 800) and Motorola SZ systems (400 & 800), EDACS (800 - maybe not as "jumpy" as on the other systems)

Sounds like priority is on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.