SDS200 possible keypad backlight issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
From looking at other photos I noticed how bright their key pad back light looks. Mine looks very dim and I have it set to on. The only way to really see it is in a complete dark room. The attached picture is full brightness. I already purchased the PV and DMR keys. Am I looking at a trip to Uniden already. I tried all kinds of settings with no change.

Attachments

• IMG_1060.jpeg
    IMG_1060.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Trucker700

I messed with mine because it was too dim.
I don't remember the exact steps, but a sub menu contained a drop down that allowed setting the brightness by percentage of 100%.
Not a lot of help I know, but if you find that dropdown, it should work. It did for me.
Trucker

wise871

Database Admin
I messed with mine because it was too dim.
I don't remember the exact steps, but a sub menu contained a drop down that allowed setting the brightness by percentage of 100%.
Not a lot of help I know, but if you find that dropdown, it should work. It did for me.
Trucker

My high setting was set to 100%, had no effect. The display brightness cycles no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigC801

Mine isn't on at all, the scroll knob has light but not the keypad and i do have it set to on.

Edit, I turned off all the lights in the room and it is on but even in a pitch dark room, you can barely see it.

n5gqb

The keypad backlight is either on/off setting in the menu The brightness is not adjustable like the screen. The sds100 is not adjustable either but it is brighter.
Anyway I agree it is kinda weak.

wise871

Database Admin
Mine isn't on at all, the scroll knob has light but not the keypad and i do have it set to on.

Edit, I turned off all the lights in the room and it is on but even in a pitch dark room, you can barely see it.

Same, this is clearly a problem. If I was to mount this in my vehicle it would be useless at night. This needs to be addressed.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I thought the same thing. It seems that the screen on the sds100 is much brighter and clearer than the sds200. I have all the settings set to 100% also. This might be the way it is.

wise871

Database Admin
I thought the same thing. It seems that the screen on the sds100 is much brighter and clearer than the sds200. I have all the settings set to 100% also. This might be the way it is.

I received two scanners yesterday, one for me and one for my friend who shipped his to my house because I was home yesterday. Our serial# are 1 digit apart. My scanner is the one with the 996P2 and his is the other one. I programmed both scanners with the same settings, keypad backlight on. There is clearly a difference.
IMG_1065.jpg
559522b9981757be9a3616673387475d.jpg

mancow

Database Admin
I received two scanners yesterday, one for me and one for my friend who shipped his to my house because I was home yesterday. Our serial# are 1 digit apart. My scanner is the one with the 996P2 and his is the other one. I programmed both scanners with the same settings, keypad backlight on. There is clearly a difference.
View attachment 68268

Wow, there really is a big difference.

... I bet I can guess which your friend will receive. :giggle:

Reactions: RRR

mule1075

Feed Provider
From looking at other photos I noticed how bright their key pad back light looks. Mine looks very dim and I have it set to on. The only way to really see it is in a complete dark room. The attached picture is full brightness. I already purchased the PV and DMR keys. Am I looking at a trip to Uniden already. I tried all kinds of settings with no change.

I noticed in the menu it says set dimmers not just dimmer. So can you set the keypad dimness also?

wise871

Database Admin
I noticed in the menu it says set dimmers not just dimmer. So can you set the keypad dimness also?

Keypad backlight is only on or off. Even the light around the Knob is dim. I'm seeing more reports of this. I was planning on buying a second SDS200 for my Tahoe if I like the first one but now I'm going to hold off until I hear something.

BigC801

View attachment 68268

is the screen any different on the two you have?

Both my SDS 100's look bright and sharp but the screen on the 200 looks dim and muddy or fuzzy even. When you hold the 100 up to it, it's very noticeable.

dfw1193

Uniden needs to provide how to reset the unit, many new flex radios that are sds had various issues and most were corrected by the user doing a full unit reset then trying again and the issues were gone and it worked fine, so if there is not instructions on how to do that in the manual then upman or tech support may be able to reduce the returns by providing the reset procedure.

dfw1193

One of the procedures for flex was to remove the units power while it was in full operation, wait 2 minutes then plug the power back in and restart the unit normally, and yes the flex has an internal sd card and the reset procedure did not corrupt it, although with this unit YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.