SDS200 vs BCD536HP - P25 Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Droooool, looks good, I'm still undecided on how I'm going to layout my systems etc... I tend to monitor sim A mostly and B a bit and it seems there's no point having so many channels in the 200, it scans so bloody slow that it never seem to leave RWC. Do we have an place where we share code plugs/favorite lists, are yours located there?

Here's a blond question.... embarrasing to ask with all the scanners I've owned... if you just do a search of the range covering sim a on RWC, and it lands on the contol channel, you can see it show the link or data on the screen, you've verified it's the right system/site is there no way for it to automatically start decoding traffic and show ID's and give audio? With no programmed talk groups I'd at least hope it would pop into ID search but no.. it' just sits there...

Do you physically have to program in the frequencies / site etc before being able to actually do above re decoding? Is there no "search for new control channel then start decoding" feature?

Thanks all

I think you are asking if you can just do a frequency search, and then when a control channel for some system is hit, the scanner starts playing audio from various talk groups in the system that the control channel belongs to. You must program in systems, so that the scanner knows what you are trying to do.

The SDS scanners aren't the fastest for straight frequency searches. The X36's and X96'x are better suited for that purpose.

If you like I would be happy to share my favorites list, and it has vetted programming with "cleaned up text" for everything in the valley. Database text is random, some caps, some lower case, all sorts of naming conventions. I clean all of that up by hand and use all upper case for maximum readability. All systems have been tested and verified to work properly. Happy to share with anyone that would like a Dropbox link. :)

jjbond

Banned
Banned
I think you are asking if you can just do a frequency search, and then when a control channel for some system is hit, the scanner starts playing audio from various talk groups in the system that the control channel belongs to. You must program in systems, so that the scanner knows what you are trying to do.

The SDS scanners aren't the fastest for straight frequency searches. The X36's and X96'x are better suited for that purpose.

If you like I would be happy to share my favorites list, and it has vetted programming with "cleaned up text" for everything in the valley. Database text is random, some caps, some lower case, all sorts of naming conventions. I clean all of that up by hand and use all upper case for maximum readability. All systems have been tested and verified to work properly. Happy to share with anyone that would like a Dropbox link. :)

Yup, that’s what I was asking, exactly... so it’s a no then eh? No searching and decide one on data channel? Ok, thank you for clarifying.

As to the speed of searching, truth be told I’m half tempted to buy an older one anyways as I love freescan so much and he stopped supporting it. I have a 780xlt and a couple others but not a speedy trunker.

Yes, I would LOVE to get a copy of your files that I can learn from, it would be so helpful to me and I’ll try it on both my 100 and 200, thank you. I’m even happy to Paypal you a few bucks for your time and efforts. It’s so worth every penny.

You can email it to Jennifer at jenniferbond dot com if you wish, or whatever works..thank you again.

Jen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.