SDS200 w/Siren app. Also question about startup defaults.

RV

Premium Subscriber
I'm enjoying my new SDS200 and have it hooked up to my computer using the microUSB port (running ProScan) and to my router with an ethernet cable. FWIW the old iOS Siren app does actually work with my setup although it's hit and miss if I get audio through the iPhone (iOS17.2 on an iPhone 13 Pro). I have not done any tweaking, just set the scanner up for DHCP and entered the IP address in the app and it connects without problem. It only displays in landscape mode which can be annoying if trying to use other apps. I haven't found a way to change to portrait mode.

For the SDS200 experts, I was wondering if there is a way to force the scanner into serial port mode so I don't have to select it every time I turn on the scanner. Also, is there a way to speedup the database load on startup?

Thanks

RV

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Just checking.... If you are using ProScan, why are you connecting the micro USB port as well as Ethernet?
(Of course unless you are programmiing or updating it)

ProScan carries the audio and will do all remote control via Ethernet...

Someone already answered the serial mode question.
To speed up the initial loading - just load less favorite lists.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Just checking.... If you are using ProScan, why are you connecting the micro USB port as well as Ethernet?
(Of course unless you are programmiing or updating it)

ProScan carries the audio and will do all remote control via Ethernet...
You can program over Ethernet too.

RV

Premium Subscriber
OK - I did not realize I could do all via just ethernet (control and programming over IP) let me give that a try. I don't have any favorites lists yet - something to work on. Thanks

donc13

Premium Subscriber
I'm enjoying my new SDS200 and have it hooked up to my computer using the microUSB port (running ProScan) and to my router with an ethernet cable. FWIW the old iOS Siren app does actually work with my setup although it's hit and miss if I get audio through the iPhone (iOS17.2 on an iPhone 13 Pro). I have not done any tweaking, just set the scanner up for DHCP and entered the IP address in the app and it connects without problem. It only displays in landscape mode which can be annoying if trying to use other apps. I haven't found a way to change to portrait mode.

For the SDS200 experts, I was wondering if there is a way to force the scanner into serial port mode so I don't have to select it every time I turn on the scanner. Also, is there a way to speedup the database load on startup?

Thanks

RV
Don't load the nationwide database. Just load favorites list(s). Use location control to limit scanning to only local sites.

Reactions: RV