SDS200 won't scan conventional freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayradiodogs

Any conventional frequencies that were not appended from the master database into a new favorites list, do not scan. These groups are turned "on" in the scanner, and I can scroll through those groups on the scanner. Problem: the scanner will not stop on a frequency that I know is active in these conventional groups I have assembled manually.. I don't know if the same problem exists with other modes. Both the "download favorites list" and "monitor favorites lists" are in the ON position. No AVOIDS are active.
The "quick frequency" entries, also conventional, have the same problem.
Any experience with this, and the remedy will be appreciated. I have an open case with Uniden but have had no response.

Last edited:

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Check your service type. If service type(s) is turned off, it won't scan it. That's your most likely culprit.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I would suspect that the service type assigned to the manually entered conventional frequencies is not enabled.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So if he didn't assign a service type wouldn't that by default go to custom 1? So custom 1 service type would have to be enabled.

2wayradiodogs

Check your service type. If service type(s) is turned off, it won't scan it. That's your most likely culprit.
It appears that you nailed it! THANKS!! The frequencies I entered in those new favorites groups, that would not scan, are Ham radio frequencies. I enabled HAM "service type" and those favorites groups now scan. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.