Search For Missing Hiker in Watauga County

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hearing operations on Viper Events Alpha 3, crews from Blowing Rock Fire, Watauga Emergency Management, Blowing Rock PD, Linville Central spent Saturday night searching for an overdue hiker on the China Creek Trail near Blowing Rock, according to social media post by Watauga County Communications just after 9 pm. Collettsville Fire was also helping from the trail end side with drones and personnel, according to the post. Search efforts were called for the night, according to a post at 4:34 am, and resumed on Sunday morning.

Search For Missing Hiker Continues Sunday - WataugaOnline.com

Last edited:

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
A news story just posted indicates the hiker has been found, and they are working on getting him out. Helo rescue will not be possible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing traffic on Alpha 3 off of the Jefferson Mountain site. I never realized I could copy that site on my HT as that is 60+ miles from me!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Nearly 20 hours after the search began rescuers have reached the ambulance with the missing hiker and he's on the way to the hospital.

NC SAR teams are amazing, and work night and day to find and rescue those lost. My hat goes off to all the first responders who took part, Watauga, Caldwell, Mitchell counties, among others did an amazing job.

Status
Not open for further replies.