HP-2: Secret Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb7qqq

Premium Subscriber
The president is in town and I was trying to listen to any activity on my HP-2.
I see in RadioReference that there are Secret Service frequencies but I cannot find them in the Homepatrol database. Are they there and I just haven't seen them or will I have to use Sentinel and manually add them to a favorites???

Thanks in advance

Sam

teufler

The chances of getting him in the clear would be slim or no chance. Probably the local police tac channel or something for special events, you should hear something. Mostly Potus leaving, or going by such and such. O traffic holding for Potus arrival or departure. If you do any air monitoring, you should hear AF-1 inbound, or conversations with approach and the tower, if you are close enough. You should be able to trach his inbound plane with Flightradar24

ecps92

Not owning one, but reading other forurms, they would be under Nationwide
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database
However, I don't see them there.

I would manually add the most common to your favorites
United States Secret Service - The RadioReference Wiki

As someone already replied, generally once POTUS is "Wheels Down" aka on the ground vs in-the-air, everyone moves to ENC transmissions.

Your best bet to follow the Motorcade is the local agencies supporting the USSS

The president is in town and I was trying to listen to any activity on my HP-2.
I see in RadioReference that there are Secret Service frequencies but I cannot find them in the Homepatrol database. Are they there and I just haven't seen them or will I have to use Sentinel and manually add them to a favorites???

Thanks in advance

Sam

kb7qqq

Premium Subscriber
I have already done what the two of you described but a friend of mine with a different scanner has the SS freqs in his and he was hearing a lot more traffic than I was.
The question was are the Secret Service Freqs in the Homepatrol database that is downloaded by sentinel as I have been unable to locate them. Would also like to know if they are in the database, what service type they are assigned.

ecps92

Again -

Not owning one, but reading other forurms, they would be under Nationwide
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database
However, I don't see them there.

I have already done what the two of you described but a friend of mine with a different scanner has the SS freqs in his and he was hearing a lot more traffic than I was.
The question was are the Secret Service Freqs in the Homepatrol database that is downloaded by sentinel as I have been unable to locate them. Would also like to know if they are in the database, what service type they are assigned.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The first thing you should have done was ask your friend, who is receiving activity, what freqs he is using and where did he find them.

Then you should search the Wiki. There are a ton of federal and nationwide area freqs listed there.

United States Secret Service

State of Oklahoma Interperability Channels

Federal Interoperation 172.21250 390 NAC Fed Interop Federal Common Channel P25 Federal

Interoperability

Federal/Non-Federal Interoperability

I have just about every nationwide,federal and interops programmed in incase something big is going on..

Status
Not open for further replies.