• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Sector Boston Using New Call Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyblues

Over the last few day USCG Sector Boston has been using USN type callsigns. Over the last few days I've heard;
Charlie 2 Golf
Delta 1 Mike
Whiskey 0 Uniform
Sector has been calling looking for AIS position from
Papa 9 Juliet
Whiskey Victor

ecps92

Caught the same transmissions, rather odd
Guess whe have more monitoring to figure this one out

Over the last few day USCG Sector Boston has been using USN type callsigns. Over the last few days I've heard;
Charlie 2 Golf
Delta 1 Mike
Whiskey 0 Uniform
Papa 9 Juliet
Whiskey Victor

ecps92

could Sector Boston have been working with the CG Aux ?? :confused:

Think back to some of the Call-signs that are heard on Sunday Mornings [150.7000 Mhz] during the CG Aux Nets

Charlie 2 Golf
Delta 1 Mike
Whiskey 0 Uniform
Papa 9 Juliet
Whiskey Victor

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I have heard a wide variety of callsigns on channel 21A in the past. Besides hearing the 5 and 6 digit patrol boat numbers, I have heard helos with the 6### numbers and "79G" lately.

ecps92

65## and 66## would be the MH or HH 65C Copters
60## would be the MH or HH 60J Copters

I have heard a wide variety of callsigns on channel 21A in the past. Besides hearing the 5 and 6 digit patrol boat numbers, I have heard helos with the 6### numbers and "79G" lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.