Secure Comms only on two Franklin County Talk Groups??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digenes

I am using a Radio Shack Pro 197 and not sure if I have something programed wrong or if these two talk groups are using encrypted comms only, as every time they come up they sound like Chambersburg Chan 2 Encrypted.
TG 31 Greencastle PD
TG 34 Waynesboro PD

Digenes

Franklin County Chambersburg Police Secure comms

I know I have heard unsercure comms on TGs13-17, yet after further listening TGs 31-34 have been strickly secure comms. Have heard nothing at all so far on TG 36 or 30 to say either way. If in fact 31-34 are strickly secure which I do believe as you stated they are, should this not be updated in the date base to list them as such like they do with TG 11 Police Chan 2 (Which has always been secure even under the old system)?

Thanks Dave

One other question slightly off topic. On my pro-197 every now and again it will come up and lock on a TG with the a listing of it as VC instd of DG (think the last one is correct) and just sitts there with nothing being broadcast. Could someone please let me know what this VC stands for? If need be I will attempt to tak a photo of both if that will help. Sorry if these questions are basic but when it comes to new digital systems I am totally new and lost. If not for the DB and being able to program the scanner through the DLs then I after owning the new scanner for 3 months I would still be attempting to get it to work.

vinzep491

VC means analog voice.

VC means it is analog voice, where as the DG indicates digital.

I was under the impression that In order for the talkgroup to transmit an analog (VC), atleast one single radio on the talkgroup MUST be an analog radio.
Since this is a system using 100% digital radios that raises some questions....
Maybe an analog radio hacked onto the system??? Who knows...

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I suspect the VC is coming up due to simulcast distortion. This is a problem with full 9600 digital systems when receivng on a scanner. The actual radios can handle the phase difference in the bits of 1 and 0's much better and have better error correction.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.