• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Secure Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

If a XTS5000 radio has secure keys loaded into it, if someone was to read the radio with CPS will it loose the keys loaded into after wards ? Just reading the radio, not writing the radio again once read. Thanks for the info.

Radioprogram12

D

darunimal

Can't tell you, and I suggest no one else answer the question, Contact your System Administrator

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Neither will reprogramming the radio reset the encryption keys.

Encryption keys are reset by taking the battery off the radio while it's powered up (unless infinite key retention is enabled, which is a FIPS 140-2 violation) or by hitting the key erase button via the radio menus, or by loading new keys.

Simply reprogramming the radio should not alter the existing keys.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Encryption keys are reset by taking the battery off the radio while it's powered up (unless infinite key retention is enabled, which is a FIPS 140-2 violation) or by hitting the key erase button via the radio menus, or by loading new keys.

Or by pushing and holding the purple button and then pushing the orange button. That will dump the secure keys as well.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
ADP keys via software encryption are stored in the original code plug but are not retrievable by reading the radio. Keys stored via hardware encryption are not retrievable at all. A KVL will tell you what algos and key IDs are in a slot but will not pull the key from the UCM/MACE.

D

darunimal

Are you guys that easily "believers" of good intentions

Nice job guys, you may have just gave a terrorist information he needs to know, more than he should, geniuses. Glad you guys publicly make comment without verification of user identity or intention and are so easily taken advantage of. Anyone can have what ever user name they want to make it on the internet. Just call me the ChiefOfPolice OTI. If he didn't know the answer then he probably didn't need to have it! He also needs the code to the gun safe cause he was dialing numbers when the code was given out, he was transposing them.

mancow

Database Admin
Nice job guys, you may have just gave a terrorist information he needs to know, more than he should, geniuses. Glad you guys publicly make comment without verification of user identity or intention and are so easily taken advantage of. Anyone can have what ever user name they want to make it on the internet. Just call me the ChiefOfPolice OTI. If he didn't know the answer then he probably didn't need to have it! He also needs the code to the gun safe cause he was dialing numbers when the code was given out, he was transposing them.

Yet, here you are posting on a forum linked to a site that has damn near every frequency in the country listed.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
He got his answer, so before this gets out of hand I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.