Sedalia, MO P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

626hawkeye

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed the update to the database that Sedalia PD is now P25. Does anyone know if they are fully using the P25? Is it encrypted or in the clear? Im currently out of state so I cant test myself. Any info will help thanks in advance.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
I went thru Sedalia last week and just listened to the recordings.
FWIW - while I was in town 154.785 was in the clear with 10-28 & 29's and dispatches.
w

626hawkeye

Premium Subscriber
I went thru Sedalia last week and just listened to the recordings.
FWIW - while I was in town 154.785 was in the clear with 10-28 & 29's and dispatches.
w
Thanks. I just ordered me a P25 capable scanner. My analog isn't really cutting anymore these days. Be nice to hear them again especially when we have two major incidents the last two weeks.

626hawkeye

Premium Subscriber
Honestly if it was HIPPA then Johnson and other counties would be encrypted as well as Hear340 and the Medivacs. Now this is just my understanding. I don't know why from what I can tell PCAD is the only one that seems to be encrypted but just tune into the Hear340 channel and you'll know if they are going to Bothwell or even Western Missouri in Warrensburg.

626hawkeye

Premium Subscriber
I know 4 have or in the process and that was the reason they said.
It seems like a copout IMO. I get that most Public Saftey is going that way. I went back to Southern California to get my son and 90% have gone the way of encryption even some city ops were talking of going that way.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I am a fulltime firefighter 90% of our radio traffic should be heard by the tax payers and 10% should not be heard like patients private information and we are 100% clear use cell for private.

Status
Not open for further replies.