• not recommend

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Ok, I have had just about all I can take on my PRO-106. I have had it now for a year and have been picking the brains or some very helpful members on this site. However, I am still having issues with it. I have tried WIN500 and have found it very helpful and fun but not really fixing my issues so far. I will not get into all of the issues in this post. I welcome you to read my prior post.

So here is my question. I am going to sell my PRO-106 along with all my other stuff I purchase with it on eBay. I have read great things about the Home Patrol as far as programing and the like. As stated in my prior post I really only use scanners to listen to Colorado Springs Fire and some Vol. departments around the city.

What are some of the pros and cons to the Home Patrol? Is this a good choice for my listing needs? Will my roof mount 800mhz anntanna still work with it? Also anything else you might think off will be helpful.

I have also put a poll on this post. To see how many of you think the change will be worth it.

Thanks

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Since there are several people with the radio in the springs that do not have any issues with it, why don't you contact them for some help? Throwing money at a problem doesn't solve it.

SCPD

QRT
I agree about not putting money in when not needed. However, as stated in my post I have talked to a few members here that have gotten me pretty far. however my issues are still not fixed. No need to go over things again in this post as you can read them in my prior post. Long story short, I have now had two of these units that work fine for about thirty min and then just stop receiving transmissions. Again, this post is not to hash out what the problem is or is not, just to find out how you all like the Home Patrol and if it is easy to use.

Any help will be great.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have a question and depending on the answer it might solve some of your issues
I looked back and saw a thread you started Used Coax Question

So did you use it and are there new connectors on it ? your cut out issue is it only when home and on your base antenna?

SCPD

QRT
No, never did use the used coax yet. However still plan on it. The issues happen when I am using the stock whip and the 800mhz antanna I purchased at radio shack for the PRO-106.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I would love for you to come by my store and let me look @ the radio!

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Radioshack
5170 E Arapahoe Rd.
Centennial, CO 80122

Just call and make sure I'm gonna be there before your journey!

blue5011

No, never did use the used coax yet. However still plan on it. The issues happen when I am using the stock whip and the 800mhz antanna I purchased at radio shack for the PRO-106.
I am curious. What R/S antenna are you using? I have two generic R/S $30 19" scanner antennas up 35' (RG-58 coax) and use them for VHF/UHF/800. I couldn't be more pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.