Seminole Fire / Sheriff ?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMPRES2

What happened to the Seminole County Sheriff broadcast feed? The Seminole County Fire feed is still running strong but the Sheriff feed has been down for almost a year and a half now.

What is the legality of setting up my own feed to broadcast those talk groups?

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Talk to trunktracker..he is the one who ran it

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

mk262

Premium Subscriber
I'd be very concerned what that might cause, based on what's happened in Orange county and other places.

K4SVT

Banned
Well seminole county fire feed is still up..

IMPRES2

I'd be very concerned what that might cause, based on what's happened in Orange county and other places.

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by this?

If it's black and runs fast, it's a Dodge Charger.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Law enforcement agencies in this state have expressed their distaste with the accessibility of scanner live feeds and apps and have mentioned them as a reason for moving towards encryption.

IMPRES2

Seminole County has expressed that it intends to REMAIN un-encrypted regardless of the communities intentions simply to remain transparent in it's agency and the agencies it supports on it's radio system. Also, it has been rumored by some of the operators that when the new Sheriff is elected for Orange County that the encryption will be dropped and the Cafe Data System used by Seminole will be taken up in replacement of Orange's current system.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
If that's what they're saying today, then that's great. But Seminole County purchased encryption and they can theoretically use it at anytime. And as you hinted, leadership changes. That can make a difference in the agencies the "stance" on the matter and not always for the better.

IMPRES2

That is true, but from the many talks I have had with operators and technicians of Seminole's P25 system I feel confident when I say that the system will remain un-encrypted unless a major tragedy occurs. From my understanding Donald has made it very clear he wants transparency to remain in this agency even after he retires this year (or early next).

Just my knowledge. We all know different things.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
That is true, but from the many talks I have had with operators and technicians of Seminole's P25 system I feel confident when I say that the system will remain un-encrypted unless a major tragedy occurs. From my understanding Donald has made it very clear he wants transparency to remain in this agency even after he retires this year (or early next).

Just my knowledge. We all know different things.

This may be news to you but the Sheriff is elected. So, when a new Sheriff is elected...you see where we are headed here.

IMPRES2

This may be news to you but the Sheriff is elected. So, when a new Sheriff is elected...you see where we are headed here.

Because I thought it was a put your name in the hat and hope you are picked type deal. Yes, I know they are elected. I'm glad they are elected so this way Jerry can't bring in someone that will act as a puppet for him; we need different leadership at times. This is not the topic of my thread. Let's move on.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi djlolli,

Who is planning on running for Sheriff of OC that would turn off encryption? An I heard yesterday that Jerry is planning on running again in 2016 :(

thanks
Joe

K4SVT

Banned
Wonder why the 7200 isnt picking up the system...scanner is but the radio is not..

Status
Not open for further replies.