Sen Jim Inhofe having transponder trouble on TUL approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

Control "46 Yankee your transponder Mode C is still not working"

"Uh yeah, I am still experimenting with it." :lol:

He's flown from Claremore to Tulsa so far transponder not working, also keeps messing up his callsign too, Controller sounds really annoyed

RFI-EMI-GUY

"Experimenting with it"? Maybe he should RTFM before getting airborne? I hope he has read all the other flight manuals!

RFI-EMI-GUY

Read the senators comments. He is a jackass. How do these folks get elected to office? Has no time to read NOTAMs, thinks the airport official is to blame because the guy didnt return his phone call and therefore must hate him? He is a danger to the public. His pilots license should be puloed. Let him fly coaj.ch like everyone else.

QDP2012

The senator's explanation to the airport staff and FAA might be the lesser of his problems -- what kind of explanation would satisfy his three passengers, who might not be such good friends with him now? I'm guessing the FAA will have a little chat with each of them, too. The passengers are safe, but disregarding NOTAMs and the "Runway Closed 'X' markers" could have led to more tragic results.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
The senator's explanation to the airport staff and FAA might be the lesser of his problems -- what kind of explanation would satisfy his three passengers, who might not be such good friends with him now? I'm guessing the FAA will have a little chat with each of them, too. The passengers are safe, but disregarding NOTAMs and the "Runway Closed 'X' markers" could have led to more tragic results.

Note that that incident was years ago and he is still flying. Presumably with a license.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
As a Senator and, presumably, a man with some power and prestige, he thinks the rules don't apply to him. He likes to play by his rules and, apparently, the federal government is gonna let him, at least they have so far,

Guys regardless of your politics, Senator Inhoff's son was killed in November of 2013 while also making an approach to TUL. He was flying a Mitsubishi MU-2B-25 that he had recently purchased and had just that day had received his certification in and is known for its instability when flying on one engine. NTSB found that the fuel to one engine was shut off and the prop was feathered. I imagine he replays that day every time he makes that same approach. Dr. Inhoff was 51 with over 2800 hours time.

Hans13

Guys regardless of your politics, Senator Inhoff's son was killed in November of 2013 while also making an approach to TUL. He was flying a Mitsubishi MU-2B-25 that he had recently purchased and had just that day had received his certification in and is known for its instability when flying on one engine. NTSB found that the fuel to one engine was shut off and the prop was feathered. I imagine he replays that day every time he makes that same approach. Dr. Inhoff was 51 with over 2800 hours time.

If it interfered with his ability to safely operate then he shouldn't have been in the air. If the information is intended to excuse him from regulations under which others were held accountable; it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.