Sensitivity of Pro 96 compared to my Yupiteru 7100

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks11

I received my new Pro 96 a few days ago, and find that the sensitivity on 800 Mhz, even using the Radio Shack replacement 800 mhz antenna is not even close to my Yupiteru 7100.

I'm in Central New Jersey and find that the reception of the NJ State Police, troop C, is scratchy, and the percentage for the control channel shown on the display hovers around 10% to highs of maybe 45% but is usually averaging about 23%.

Can anyone shed any light on whether this is normal? I know it's difficult to compare like this, but maybe someone out there is in my area (near Asbury Park) or has a Yupiteru for comparison. I'm trying to decide whether or not to exchange this thing for another one, or just return it.

Before anyone says anything, I know the Yupiteru doesn't do trunking or digital, but if the reception on the Pro 96 isn't that great, then I really don't need it.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

mondaro

Feed Provider
I have the Pro 96 and I think the recieve is outstanding compare to the Bearcat BC-296. Hearing Troop B with no problem here in North Jersey.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
From what I've read, the 7100 is one of the most sensitive radios available. You probably won't find a GRE or Uniden scanner that compares with it for sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.