Sentinel - "Alpha Tag" not "Description"

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Subject pretty much says it all. How do I get Sentinel to pull the database's Alpha Tag column instead of the Description column? I *think* I've looked at every menu item but can't find it. Some DB admins get pretty wordy in those Descriptions - I only need the Alpha Tag.

wise871

Database Admin
You can't with Sentinel. Only option is to change the names to your liking or address your concerns to a admin. They may want to know which descriptions you are referring too. I agree, some descriptions are too lengthy and should be fixed.

bearcat

Cut and Paste the RR page(s) to Excel. Then Cut and Paste the Alpha tags to Sentinel.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The ARC536 software gives the option of importing either the description or "Short Alpha Tag" when importing, if that is important enough to pay for the software.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
You can't with Sentinel. Only option is to change the names to your liking or address your concerns to a admin.

So no. :mad: This is what I've been doing that since I got the radio 3 years ago and am just tired of it. I did manage to use ZIP scanning on a recent trip and the Descriptions were long enough to be useless in some cases.

Admins have plenty of work and ALREADY ENTER ALPHA TAGS so I'm hadly going to whine to them about the format of the Descriptions which are, after all, DESCRIPTIONS and not ALPHA TAGS.

This should be an option in the software - the data is already there!

Status
Not open for further replies.