sentinel corrupted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoia11

I have been trying to launch my BCD x36HP software program but when I do it says can't read file, can't find database files may be corrupted, please reinstall software, I was able to do it last week.

I deleted it and reinstalled it ,cleaned all the unused files, and registry leftovers but still won't work, I can get the program to open but there is no database at all in the program, when I check my saved files it says cannot read database, extending gz file was failure.

There is some more to the error message but its to long to write, any ideas or help would be great.

Thank you, Mark

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
I had a similar problem that got resolved. Look at this thread.

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...3-sentinel-error-message-any-suggestions.html

"Ok do this.....first enable hidden folders (Google search if you don't know how)....make sure you do not have Sentinel running.

Then navigate to: C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Database

and look for the "MasterHpdb.hp1" file within. Delete the file entirely then start up Sentinel...now select Tools->Options->Reconstruct HomePatrol Database->Start

It should rebuild the Master HPDB for you and then start to function correctly.
Marshall KE4ZNR"

paranoia11

I did what you said and it almost rebuilt it,but when the file was almost complete it stopped and I got this error code. Reconstructing full database failed.

Access to the path
C:\Program\Data\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\hpdb.cfg' is denied.

Thanks for the reply,almost worked, I hope you have a fix for this new issue.
Thanks in advance, Mark

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I believe I remember seeing a post a while back where someone tried running Sentinel as an Administrator alleviated the problem.

D

darunimal

afterwards delete C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\BuiltIn

D

darunimal

my slow computer rebuilt the database in about 3 seconds after I deleted the gz file MasterHpdb_09_24_2013.gz

D

darunimal

the complete database file Mast... and the rest, spent little more than 22 seconds to Reconstruct the Database.

Status
Not open for further replies.