• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Sentinel download issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to install Sentinel on my laptop with windows 10. I had Sentinel on my work laptop, but have deleted it. My current need is to upgrade the firmware on my 436 and 536.
The download was successful, but when I try to set it up to work, I get this error message: "This setup requires the .NET Framework version 2.0. please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again. The .NET Framework can be obtained from the web. Would you like to do this now?"
I have done this several times, although there is no NET Framework 2.0 on that site, it's 4.0 and higher. Setup still won't work and I get the same error message. I don't recall Sentinel having this issue in the past. What is going on, and can anybody point me to directions on how to set up Sentinel in light of this error message? I appreciate any assistance you can provide!
..BG

dcommins

Premium Subscriber
I had the same problem. I fixed it by going to the Control Panel, then bringing up Programs and under Programs and Features, click "Turn Windows features on or off".

In the dialog that comes up, make sure ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" is checked then click Ok. Once that gets turned on and installed, you should be able to install Sentinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.