Sentinel for HP2 Delay question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfd540

I have a Uniden home patrol 2. I am trying to adjust the delay and also how to add an alert light for some in my favorites list.

rwier

I tried those icons but could not find anywhere to change the delay or to add a colored alert

I'm working with the Sentinel for the HP-1. The Sentinel for the HP-2 may differ.

Open Sentinel.

Click on the Gold Star with Pencil (one Icon, not Icons)

Highlight the FL you want to edit.

Click on "OK".

You are now in the FL Editor.

In the Left Panel: Click on the "+" just to the left of the System you want to edit.

In the Left Panel, Click on the Department you wish to edit.

Finally, in the Right Panel, you may edit the Channel Name, Set Avoids, Set Delays, Set Channel Alerts, and make Volume Offsets.

There are no color options in the HP-1. If the HP-2 has color options, I would expect them to be in said Right Panel.

When finished, Click on File (far upper left) and Save.

Click on File (far upper left) and Exit.

Write to HomePatrol

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Same version of Sentinel for both HP-1 & HP-2.

No color (alert) functions in the HP-1 or HP-2.

nfd540

Guys I still cannot alter the delay. Followed your outline but when I go to right panel I see the delay coloum but it will not allow any changes

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You have to set the delay in the Favorites List Editor in the channel sections. Click on Delay 3 times and it will give you a drop down menu. Only in the channel name, frequency, and TGID columns can you type in an entry. Everything else uses drop down menus.

There are no alert lights on the HPs, only alert tones.

Last edited:

nfd540

Still dont work. Is there some setting in sentinel blocking me from adjusting the delay? W8rMH can you give me step by step. To get to that part

rwier

Still don't work. Is there some setting in sentinel blocking me from adjusting the delay? W8rMH can you give me step by step. To get to that part

Open Sentinel.

Click on the Gold Star with Pencil (one Icon, not Icons)

Highlight the FL you want to edit.

Click on "OK".

You should now in the FL Editor. Look up at the top. DOES IT SAY "Favorites List Editor"? If yes, proceed. If no, go back and try again.

In the Left Panel: Click on the "+" just to the left of the System you want to edit.

In the Left Panel, Click on the Department you wish to edit.

In the Right Panel, you may edit the Channel Name, Set Avoids, Set Delays, Set Channel Alerts, and make Volume Offsets.

In the Right Panel, Click on "Channels" (upper left in the Right Panel)

Under the column heading "Delay", Click in a Cell that you wish to change. That Cell should turn BLUE.

Click on that BLUE Cell. The Cell should turn Gray. The contents of the Cell will PROBABLY now show "2sec ˅". Click on the "
˅".

The Cell should turn Light Blue. A Drop Down window should appear.

In the Drop Down window, highlight the Delay of choice. The Drop Down window should disappear. The Cell should return to Gray (with the NEW DELAY displayed).

BIG HINT: For multiple same Delay changes over multiple channels, RIGHT CLICK on the changed Cell. A Drop Down window appears. In the Drop Down window, CLICK ON Copy. Now you can paste the NEW value into multiple Cells using standard Windows procedures.

Don't forget to SAVE your changes.

If, at any time, you don't see the exact items, or experience the same results as in the instructions, STOP, either go back and try again or report the exact step that you have a problem with.

Status
Not open for further replies.