Sentinel: Sentinel program on my iPhone 13?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I continue to forget to bring my laptop with me in my truck, mostly because it’s not needed on a regular basis, and what I am about to ask is probably not doable…

I’d like to be able to install Sentinel on my iPhone and grab weekly updates from RR, and the occasional firmware updates, and then download same into my SDS200. But I don’t see an app from Uniden… not to mention my iPhone doesn’t have a compatible USB connection to use with my SDS200’s data cable.

Just wondering if I’ve missed something, not remembering if it was ever discussed in the forums.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
That’s what I thought. But you’ve got half the problem solved with the Lightning to SD Card reader… now all I would need is Sentinel to be written for the operating system on the iPhone (or get Apple to install a copy of windows on its phones!).

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
99% of my Internet activity is on an iPad. I have a miniPC running Win11 and ProScan for updating the database and favorites.

Wish there was a way to download the RR database to the iPad, edit as needed, and upload to the miniPC for copying to the scanner. No hardware connection is needed if done this way.

Other than a Sentinel app for iOS, I know of now way to accomplish this.

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tip about RDP. The miniPC is running Windows 11 Home. Might upgrade to Win 11 Pro because working on the iPad is much easier for me,

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the tip about RDP. The miniPC is running Windows 11 Home. Might upgrade to Win 11 Pro because working on the iPad is much easier for me,
One of those 'HDMI Stick' style micro PCs w/ethernet or the proper cabling running ProScan on Win10/11 and controlled via the Microsoft iPad RDP app is a fine way to do it. Especially if it's an iPad Air/Pro with the Magic Keyboard or a bluetooth mouse.