Sentinel - Promote System to Favorite List?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

I have entered some systems into favorite lists as Systems within a Favorite List, so as to have categories of systems. Now I want to break up the categories and make at least some of the Systems into Favorites in their own right.

Is there a way to do this that does not involve losing information? Many of these systems are not in the RRDB, or the info there is incomplete.

phask

Premium Subscriber
You could try appending them to a new one. I've had partial success, other wise cut and paste.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes, but it involves a few steps.

Export the applicable Favorites List to an HPE file (File>Export to hpe file), selecting the system(s) you wish (checkboxes for this). Then Import that HPE file into a new Favorites List (File>Import from hpe file). Repeat as needed (if you have 10 systems in your existing FL that you want to bust up into 10 new FLs, then you'll have to do this 10 times.)

troymail

Silent Key
I have entered some systems into favorite lists as Systems within a Favorite List, so as to have categories of systems. Now I want to break up the categories and make at least some of the Systems into Favorites in their own right.

Is there a way to do this that does not involve losing information? Many of these systems are not in the RRDB, or the info there is incomplete.

The FL files are simple ASCII text so it shouldn't be hard to cut and paste. I've dabbled a bit in software generated configurations for DMR One Frequency files from FCC license data.... wasn't too bad.

Last edited:

marksmith

Just create the new favorites list.
Then go to the ones you want to move to a separate list and right click - append. Pick your new list name.

When you are done you can then delete them from the old list, or just leave them there.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

D

DaveNF2G

The trouble with doing that is that "Append" places the system one level below the actual Favorite List, so it's "inside" the list instead of BEING the list.

I will try directly editing the files (backups, of course). :)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A Favorites List is a container that holds one or more systems. There isn't a way of "moving up" data for a system to the Favorites List level.

If the intention is to reduce number of button presses needed to toggle a system, then one could assign one System to one Favorites List. So instead of 1.1 <E> to toggle a system, it would be 1 <E>.

This is a situation of what is desired by the user. My preference is like the above, having several systems in a given Favorites List.

One thing I find helpful in remembering FL, System and Department Quick Key numbers is to incorporate the QK as part of the name. Thus the Louisville MetroSafe Radio System having a SQK of 0 becomes "S0 Louisville MetroSafe".

Status
Not open for further replies.