Sentinel question

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemndon

I have noticed in the database that several systems are set up as P25 but are actually Motorola DMR trucked systems. Is there anyway to change the system to DMR?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you mean the RadioRef database (which is ultimately where the data for Sentinel comes from), you would submit a ticket to the database team to make this change.

Just by way of an example, let's say this trunk changed from LTR to DMR (which is not so far fetched - I understand that is a conversion that is happening...)

Marine Rescue Services Trunking System, Wickford, Rhode Island - Scanner Frequencies

Take a look at the blue toolbar near the top - almost directly under 'FORUMS' is a tab marked 'SUBMIT'. This is where you enter your data

Mike

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed, at least with ARC, that if I put in a channel as DMR and leave the search on, when I exit out, then open it up again, all the DMR's were changed to P25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed, at least with ARC, that if I put in a channel as DMR and leave the search on, when I exit out, then open it up again, all the DMR's were changed to P25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have the latest firmware and Sentinel versions installed?
Earlier firmware versions did change DMR hand entered systems to P25 mode when read back in by Sentinel.

Your firmware should be 1.11.16 or 1.11.17 and Sentinel should be version 1.07 Revision 3.

For the firmware, I forget if 1.11.17 is still considered a Beta version or if it was officially released. I know 1.11.16 was an official release and I think they made 1.11.17 official now.
Either version should maintain the DMR type when read back in from the radio though.

I don't know if ARC software has an update as I've stopped using it some time back. That would be something to check though.

Status
Not open for further replies.